Chapter 51

What are you talking about? I'm still young to go to get married."

"That's why. Don't be friends with that guy. Okay?"

"...But it's my first friend."

Perhaps Sage didn't even know that before inviting me over? Because I just found out myself.

If he had known what that really meant, he wouldn't have told me. As expected, it should be something like that. Whew. I feel at ease.

"I guess Sage didn't know."

"He was ignorant enough to not know that!"

But he was still angry so I handed Arban the chocolate cookies on the plate to calm him down.

"Eat this."

"......"

"It's good, right?"

Arban closed his mouth and took the cookie with one hand. A strangely unpleasant gaze came toward me.

"Hey."

"What?"

"Do you think I'm a kid like you? If you give me something to eat, do you think I'll be quiet?"

"Then you're not going to eat?"

"...I'm going to eat it."

Arban snatched the cookies away. It seemed that he still had a lot to say, but he seemed to be softened by the snack offensive.

Humph. After all, Arban is also a kid but he goes around treating me like a baby every day.

I bit the cookie while watching him eat.

"By the way, Brother Arban."

"What."

"You came to see me to talk about the shapeshifting, right? You said you were worried."

"...No, I didn't?"

Then why did you come? There's no reason to come to me other than that.

When I stared at him, Arban panicked and got up quickly. His slightly reddish ears could be seen through his curly black hair.

"Hey, I just stopped while passing by! I came just in case you were bored?"

Arban quickly left the room.

Bang!

The door slammed shut. Seeing that, Rosaria gave a small laugh.

"Young Master Arban is not honest."

"Right?"

He came pretending to be a fool that knew nothing.

He could be honest and just say straight out he wanted to go on a family trip as soon as possible, instead of teaching me how to succeed in shapeshifting.

* * *

Her head was throbbing. Ella opened her eyes, feeling her senses slowly returning.

She couldn't remember anything since the time she had fallen from the cliff. Seeing that she safely opened her eyes, she had fortunately survived the fall.

Breathing a sigh of relief, she tried to get her body up. When she realized that her limbs were bound, her eyes widened.

Not even a handful of pheromone could be felt in her body.

Her mind flashed, and she quickly looked around her. All she could see was a dark, windowless dungeon.

"Looks like you just woke up. Did you sleep well, Miss Ella?"