Chapter 8

"······."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"You can't even eat properly?"

Looking at the spat snack, the landlord clicked his tongue.

Suddenly, I became a baby bird that couldn't eat properly.

That's not it!

"Pii! Pii!"

When I shook my head in anger and stomped my feet with all my might, the landlord smiled coldly.

"Is that so? Then, maybe you spit it on me?"

"Pii, pp-······."

"You have no table manners."

The landlord grabbed and lifted me up. Feeling my body floating in the air, I shrugged my legs in surprise, but I couldn't move.

"Little one."

The landlord laughed arrogantly and before I knew it, my body stiffened as I got closer to his nose.

He had an incredibly beautiful face. His gaze looking down at me was terrifying, but even that was a look that could not be easily ignored. But, I shouldn't be deceived by his beauty. Because the landlord's personality was habitually awful!

When I proudly shot a fiery stare at the landlord, he snorted while looking at me.

"You know how to stare."

"Pii!"

"But you can't even beat a rabbit with that."

Doom.
(TL: this is like a sfx sound.)

It was a shocking remark. I can't beat a rabbit's glare?

If you have ever seen another cute and pretty baby bird like myself, tell her to come out!

It was a very rude statement for me, who was still growing up.

"Pii!"

"I fed you, put you to sleep and raised you. You're such an ungrateful baby bird."

As If to make me listen, the landlord began to complain.

I flinched.

As much as I hate to admit it, I knew that all the good things I enjoy now are impossible without his permission.

I laid down my glaring eyes as I gathered my floating feet gently, the landlord looked at them with curious eyes.

He had intrigued eyes that showed his curiosity like it was the first time he was seeing a creature like me.

"You're small."

"······."

"Are you really growing up?"

"...pii."

I nodded timidly.

"I heard you haven't even humanized yet. Is there something wrong with you?"

Snap.

It's because I'm still a baby!

As I struggled with my legs, protesting his remarks, the landlord was relaxed as if he wanted to do more.

As he held me up in one arm, I turned my head sullenly.

Then I felt a finger poking my cheek.

"Pippet!"

"This little one has a temper."

"Pet!"

I felt bad, so I tried to pull my body out of his embrace while putting strength on my two wings.