Chapter 54

To go up from this floor, you had to go through this hallway.

Still, I entered the hallway feeling relieved because this was the last hurdle. Occasionally, there were people who greeted me and pretended to know of my presence, but fortunately, they did not hold onto me to talk.

"Maybe it's because Bassad gave me a wish necklace. Things are going well, aren't they? Don't you think this will work out?"

"Is that so? I suddenly want one. Make one for me, Bassad."

"I don't want to."

Bassad shook his head resolutely.

"Just one."

"I said no."

"How many years have we been together?"

"Disgusting."

"You're so mean."

Fayman clung to Bassad, pretending to wipe his tears away. Bassad, who looked startled and genuinely disgusted, stepped back.

Their bickering behind my back did not stop and I made a sharp stop.

Bassad, who was pushing Fayman's head with one hand, and Fayman, who had his arms outstretched to hug him, looked at me at the same time.

"You two are too loud."

"......I'm sorry."

Bassad lowered the arm, pushing Fayman's face away. Fayman wiped his messy hair with a closed mouth.

The situation was settled and I laughed bashfully.

"When we get to my room, I will give you a present, so don't fight. Got it?"

"A gift?"

"Yes. The two of you helped me."

You can't just ask people for help with empty hands. Instead, I put conditions.

"Instead, no one can find out."

"All right."

"Then let's go."

Not much left to my room now. This is because the stairs started immediately after passing the entrance that goes down to the basement.

Actually, from then on, it was okay not to cover my tail with a bag. It is a fact that I recently learned, but from this floor onwards, entry and exit were strictly controlled.

Only those who had permission from Cade can enter.

I felt my arms tingling, and I walked faster. It seemed that the bag strap was hanging on my arm for too long, and it seemed to be straining it. I'm in trouble!

Noticing my condition, Bassad asked.

"Is your arm numb?"

"Yes. It's a little numb. But it's okay."

Because we are arriving soon! It's right there...!

"Isn't that Miss Irene?"

"Huh?"

As I was about to pass by the basement entrance someone called me, and I quickly turned my head.

There was Durias coming up from underground with gloves on...

Argh.... Durias?!

My tension automatically went up. I backed away with an awkward smile.

"Are you on your way to the room?"

"Yes."

"But why are you stepping backward?"

"No, I didn't do that!"