Chapter 6

"Baby are you excited?"

"Pii!"

"It's a soap bubble!"

"Pii pii!"

I am enjoying heaven now. It feels like all the tiredness of the day was drifting away.

Bubbles floated above the tub filled with bubbles.

"Pii pii..."

But in reality, there was no heaven. I stretched out my wings.

When I came back from the forest I was filled with joy. It was because the room was decorated.

I thought the room was already very luxurious, but Rosaria said it was not.

I didn't understand at first, but after I saw the decorated room I understood right away.

Because the room was beautiful enough to be reborn like me. White silk curtains hung by the window with a bed that looked fluffy at glance.

The carpet on the floor was switched out with a soft white material, including a sofa and table with vases.

That alone was amazing...

"One more time, baby!"

"Pii pii!"

When Rosaria blew air into the tub, rainbow colored bubbles floated up.

I'll catch it this time.

I stared at the bubbles breathlessly like a swift predator. Actually, bubbles were the first thing I saw today.

At first I didn't know what the round bubbles were, so I was scared to avoid them...

But when I realized what they were, I tried my best to catch them.

Float float.

"Pii!"

I spread my wings wide to catch the bubbles floating in the air and waited for the right time to flap my wings.

"Pii!"

How many times did I repeat that?

By the time I was exhausted, Rosaria announced it was time to stop playing.

"Let's stop here, baby. We've played too long."

"Pii, pii! Pii!"

No! I haven't caught it properly yet! Can we do it one last time?

I shook my head as I stood in the bathtub.

Then Rosaria suggested something.

"Don't you want to lie in your new bed, baby?"

"...Pii?"

"It'll be very cozy. You can also run around on the bed."

Her tempting words made my wings feel weak. A comfortable bed. I've always used a basket, how warm would a bed be?

I didn't want to get out of the bathtub at first, but I gathered my strength.

When I came out of the bathtub, Rosaria covered me with a towel.

The moment I had been looking forward to so much finally came. My body touched the bed.

"Pii!"

It's cozy.

"Pii...!"

As her hands gently dried my feathers, my eyes closed shut.

I decided to leave myself in the dark.

"...Pii... pii..."

"Oh, baby?"

"...Pii..."

The basket and other luxurious comforts lulled me to sleep.