Chapter 73

I was left alone in the hallway and watched the three of them drift away. I don't know what kind of conversation adults have.

"It's a secret from me, right?"

But I know very well that it's something I shouldn't hear, in fact, I had a rough idea of what it was.

I folded my arms in dissatisfaction.

"Why can't I hear it?"

It's my story, I can't believe they are leaving the involved person out. I want to know what's going on.

Recently, Cade has been keeping more secrets from me. He didn't seem to want me to know the truth.

I was reluctantly about to go back, but I felt the presence of someone quickly following me from behind. I checked my opponent in the long shadow hanging on the floor of the hallway.

The owner of the shadow was Messi.

"Messi?"

"Hello, miss."

Messi greeted back with a smile. He was following me with his hands behind his back. When he saw me sulking, he asked me with a curious face.

"What made you so upset?"

"I'm not upset."

"Well, it's all written on your face?"

"But I won't tell you."

I kept my mouth shut.

Messi who was walking along my stride started asking questions one by one.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"I'm sure it won't happen, but have you ever been scolded by the Head?"

"No."

"Then you don't like the gift you got?"

Messi pointed to the box containing the dagger.

I shook my head, saying it wasn't that either. It's not like we're playing 20 questions.

Messi smiled awkwardly as he saw that my cheeks were gradually swelling as the questions continued.

"I don't know what it is, but can I help you?"

...Help me?

At his very tempting offer, I looked at him. He was happy that he had finally found a way to relieve my mood.

"What is it? Feel free to tell me."

"...If I ask for help, will you listen?"

"Of course."

"Really?"

"That's right."

"Lies."

I couldn't believe Messi's words right away. Seeing him like this was even more suspicious.

Why are you helping me all of a sudden?

He sighed as he took a step away and at my suspecting look.

"I'm sad that you don't seem to believe me. It's my first priority to follow your words."

"...What I say comes first?"

"Yes."

"Isn't that for Daddy?"

The reason why Messi and the escorts were by my side was all because of Cade's orders.

But how can my words come first?

It's very unreliable when I stop to think of Bassad's recent several refusals of my words, preventing me from going to the basement.

"For an escort, the order of protection has priority. Although independent judgment is possible depending on the situation.