Chapter 48 - Finishing Touches

Start bij het begin

"You'll get used to it." I say with a shrug. "Are y'all fine with her helping?" I ask the gamer girls.

"I don't see why not." The green twin says.

"Yeah! An AI could be super helpful with stuff like this!" The pink twin says, agreeing.

"Does Arona like video games?" Our robot pal suddenly asks.

"I haven't played any, but Sensei has talked about the ones he played back home." Arona says with a smile. "They seem really fun."

Aris' smile grew three sizes bigger that day.

"W-Welcome aboard, Arona." Yuzu says with a small smile.

And so, the six of us got back to work.

—————

Our speed of making the game increased by a significant margin, thanks to Arona's help. She was able to essentially streamline our work process, causing our efficiency to increase at least ten-fold.

Soon, a full week passed, all of us working at overdrive. When we started, there was a full week and a half left until the award ceremony, but we only had a week until the submission entry deadline.

Each one of us had to force ourselves to stop, else we would've passed out from exhaustion. Well, all of us, save for Arona.

"Momoi! Are you done yet?" Midori asks her twin, from across the room.

"Gimme a minute... I just need to enter this and I'll be done..." Momoi responds, fingers typing away.

Our nerves attempt to get the better of us. We've spent nearly every waking moment working on this game, making sure that it's the best that it can be.

Mere minutes remain until the Millennium Prize deadline ends.

"We only have two minutes left!" The green twin roars at her sister. "There's no time to spare!"

"Ninety-six seconds, to be exact. Oh, ninety-two now..." Aris, ever diligent with these things, reports.

"Okay! Okay! I'm done!" The pink twin snaps.

"Let's just do a quick test, and... Okay." Yuzu says, looking at her laptop. "There are no errors, Momoi!"

"All right! Beginning the upload!" Momoi says, pressing a single button on her keyboard. "Fiteen seconds to delivery! Aris, the time?!"

"Nineteen seconds remaining..." Aris says, as we all tense up.

"Please, please, please..." Midori pleads, the index and middle fingers on both of her hands crossed.

All of our eyes are glued to the screen...

After a tense, eternal moment...

"Status... Sent..." Momoi reports, quietly and breathlessly.

Thank you for your submission and participation in the Millennium Prize.

"We did it!" The pink twin shouts in glee.

"Hooray!" Arona cheers from the Shittim Chest's screen.

I slam back into my chair, letting out a massive sigh of relief. "Haaaaaaaaaah..."

"That was too close..." Yuzu says, having flopped back down into her bean bag chair.

"Now, all we have to do is wait for the announcement in four days." Midori says.

"We made it in time, but we won't know our fate until the results come." Momoi adds. "In four days, it'll be decided."

"Well, I say we take the next few days off. We've all pushed ourselves to the limit, we've earned it." I say. "And that's an order from your Sensei." I add with a smile.