The woman's face contorted in an instant.

"You'll get caught again."

There would be at least ten guards from the inside to the outside of the mansion. I didn't think she'd be able to run away from their eyes.

She would know that too, then there was only one reason.

This woman will want to get rid of me.

Why?

I was confused because I had never been so hated by anyone in my life.

The woman gritted her teeth and grinned.

"Yes, you're right. I can't run away anyway."

"Right? And if I let you go, I will be scolded by Daddy."

He might be very upset if he finds out that I had secretly snuck in here at dawn.

"Daddy......?"

"Yes."

"Ha! Ahaha. Ahahahaha!"

In an instant, the woman began to laugh like a crazy person. The woman, who had been laughing until she was out of breath, calmed down after a while.

"You really don't know anything, kid."

The golden eyes gleaming with madness were terrifying. The moment our eyes met, I staggered back with a flinch.

"You have been calling that man father."

"He's my dad that's why I call him Daddy."

"Really? If you knew how you were born, you wouldn't have the guts to call him father."

"......What are you talking about?"

You wouldn't be able to call him Daddy? What on earth is she talking about?

The woman twisted her lips and lowered her gaze as if looking down on me with a more relaxed attitude.

"Such a pity. You don't even know what you were used for."

"What do you mean by that?"

I frowned at the word that felt repulsive.

Use.

Isn't that what you talk about when dealing with things? Why are you looking at me and saying that?

When I had a bad feeling, anxiety ran up from my toes.

"You don't seem to know anything, so let me explain a little bit."

She wrinkled her eyebrows as if she was seeing something very unfortunate.

"You weren't supposed to be born. It wasn't meant to be."

"......What?"

"Everyone is in trouble because you were born. Me, you, and the man you call your father."

"What do you mean?"

I didn't want to, but my voice was trembling. It was that much of a shock. I shouldn't have been born. Did everyone get in trouble since I was born?

I was short of breath and my head was pounding. Seeing my reaction, the woman giggled and laughed.

"Literally that. You must be shocked, but what if it's true?"

The woman began to talk with a very happy-looking face. She was ready to explain everything I didn't even ask about.

Her bright eyes filled with joy.

"...What... was I used for?"

"Do you want me to tell you? It will hurt if you hear it, though?"

"......"

"Yes, I'll let you know if you're curious. I don't think I'll be able to see you unless it's today anyway."

My heart started beating heavily.

The woman crawled on the floor with her tightly bound legs and came up to the iron fence.

She seemed to want to check my expression.

The woman opened her mouth, fixing her widely dilated eyes to my face.

"Kid, did you ask who I am?"

"That's right."

"My name is Ella."

Ella spoke quickly.

"Do you know the name of the hostess of this family?"

I shook my head in silence. I'd heard it once, but I didn't want to show that I knew something to this unknown woman. Still, I could not erase the feeling that the names of Ella and Estella were strangely similar.

It was very similar.

I was a little afraid of what would come out of Ella's mouth. But now that I have finally come to know the truth, I can't run away because I'm afraid.

I gave strength to the feet in the slippers.

...Maybe Ella being captured here has something to do with Estella's death as well as me?

Estella died, I was born, and Ella was caught so the place where I came from could be found.

It was an oddly matched situation. Seeing my expression, Ella laughed.

"You don't seem to be a stupid kid, right? Then you'll understand very quickly."

"......"

"You were unclean even before you were born."

"No."

"It's true."

When I shook my head at once and denied it, Ella quickly cut in and said.

"You're the egg I used to steal the successor to this Clan. Your father already knows."

Thump.

I felt my heart sink.

Is that why I was born into a family? Besides, does Cade already knows that? Since when? He's never shown anything related to that in front of me.

I looked at Ella in a daze.

As my expression gradually distorted into a tearful face, the expression of her joy was evident.

Even in the chaotic situation, doubts arose.

Why is Ella so happy that I am in pain? She was overjoyed for simply wishing I wasn't born.

Like.......

"So how much trouble did you bring? Estella sacrificed her life to protect her successor. One of the reasons she died is because you are still alive."

It's like she's jealous of me.

In fact, there was no evidence that this was the case, but somehow it felt like that. Ella was now jealous and envious of me. Jealousy and envy seem to be simmering beneath those golden eyes, filled with joy.

She didn't stop her mouth.

"Do you see now how absurd it is for you to be raised here?"

I clenched my fist.

"You have no shame to call that man Daddy with that mouth, you don't even know your place. It's very funny."

No.

It wasn't my fault.

Even though I was born into this family because of that, it's not my fault. Either way, I got caught up in it. But even if I tried to think so, it didn't go as well as I wanted. It was because my head knew it wasn't my fault, but my heart was heading in the opposite direction.

I bit my lips and glared at Ella in resentment for being pushed around by her.

I won. That's how Ella looked.

I didn't like the bright smile around her mouth.

⊱⋅