And.......

"...What else is this?"

There was a strange font on a framed paper.

Cade raised his chin and smiled.

"It's my name written by my daughter."

"......"

"She wrote right away as soon as she learned how to write."

Is this what you call bragging about your children? Helena and Ian were stunned by Cade's act of showing off his daughter to his parents.

"You don't feel anything when you see it?"

Ian, who couldn't wait, asked quaveringly. If he had received a gift from a child, he must have felt something when he saw it.

Ian and Helena recalled Cade's childhood.

Cade had never given them his prey as a gift even if he hunted an excellent game, and even after he learned how to write, until now, he had never written their names like that.

Don't you usually feel happy when you get something like that as a gift and reflect on your past?

The two, who had experienced their son's child bragging, felt very wronged.

"Enough with the no comment attitude, Cade. Is that all you have to say?"

Helena asked with a bright smile. It's not too late, so tell us what you need to tell us right now.

As she waited for the answer, Cade opened his mouth, saying, 'Ah,' as if he remembered something.

"So, how long are you two going to stay?"

"You punk."

Ian shot something with a sharp pheromone.

It was a quill with a sharp tip.

The quill was aimed precisely at Cade's vital point.

Cade, who lightly hit it, smiled as if he knew it would happen.

* * *

It was deep in the dawn.

I was lying on the bed pretending to be asleep, and I opened my eyes.

The long-awaited time has finally come. Now that Rosaria went back and she was alone, it was a perfect time to start the operation.

"He'll be waiting for me now, right?"

I wore pink pajamas with stars on them and fluffy slippers.

Opening the door slightly, there was a dark hallway with no one in sight. It was so dark that I couldn't see the end.

I quietly called Messi.

"Messi?"

"I'm here."

Messi appeared in the dark in a white shirt and black pants.

I closed the door quietly and came out. The empty hallway felt very unfamiliar.

He looked down at me with an unwilling attitude.

"Since I made a promise, I came as I was supposed to, but... Do you have to go there, miss?"

"That's right."

"Think about it again."

"Again?"

"Yes."

I have to go there even if I think about it again. Messi sighed a little at my unchanging will.