Chapter 59

Jin nodded to the camera director who began counting back from 5 and then pointed at them as the stream went live.

"Hi everyone! Thank you for joining us this morning. You know me best as Agust D but, when I'm not working, my name is Min Yoongi. Beside me is the love of my life, Park Jimin."

Jimin smiled brightly and waved to the camera before saying hello.

Yoongi spoke again. "We are here to talk with you about ourselves and the events of the last week or so. As most of you probably know, there was a post made on several social medias exposing us as boyfriends."

Yoongi paused and glanced at Jimin, who nodded encouragingly.

"The post is correct. We met a few months before my debut and, over time, fell in love. We didn't want to hide it but, under Korean law, felt like we didn't have a choice. We didn't want to be the focus of a media circus since it's forbidden for idols to date. But the thing is, I'm only Agust D in front of cameras. The real me is Min Yoongi - lover of late night movies, stargazing, and writing music. Just like other idols, I deserve to be happy in my home life. So, when I realized how much I cared about Jimin, I took a chance and followed my heart."

Yoongi paused as a tear threatened to fall. Jimin squeezed his hand and smiled Yoongi's favorite crescent smile.

"I love this man more than the oxygen in my body. He is funny and sweet. Loving and protective. So smart. He's a writer too actually. He's everything I've ever wanted in a partner and so much more."

Yoongi took a deep breath before continuing into the hard part of their story. "Last week, he came to Paris for a visit on his break from university. It was a beautiful time but unfortunately, our privacy was violated and pictures were taken and posted of us without consent. This is how my ex-boyfriend from years ago discovered our relationship."

Yoongi nodded at Jimin who also took a deep breath before beginning his part of the story.

"Jehun had seen the pictures and realized that Yoongi is in a relationship. He was angry because he wanted to be with Yoongi again and wouldn't take no as an answer. I was at work when he attacked me from behind. When I defended myself, he stabbed me in the stomach. Before I passed out, I was pretty sure I was going to die that day."

Jimin wiped his own tears away as he recounted the traumatic event to an unknown amount of strangers.

"I woke up three days later after a long surgery and being in a coma. Jehun tried to hurt Yoongi by hurting me - maybe he even meant to kill me. I don't really want to know what he meant to do."

Jimin paused again to keep his thoughts and emotions together.

"Because he is aware of the rules of being an idol, and Korean law, he filmed the video exposing us and scheduled it to post on his social media accounts before he came to hurt me. Jehun's only goal was to hurt Yoongi as bad as possible - in as many ways as possible.

I know you don't know me but please don't let him get away with it. Yoongi loves his fans. He loves writing music and getting to perform it for you. But he loves me so he's willing to give that up if he has to.

Please don't make him. Please love him and accept him as Agust D AND Min Yoongi. The idol and the man. Allow him to be both so that he can truly be happy."

Jimin stopped and looked back to Yoongi who had so much love in his eyes. He smiled and turned back to the camera.

"Thank you for listening to our words and hearing our hearts. If you'll have me, I'll see you on stage in London."

Both waved and said their goodbyes and the cameras were cut off.

Jin was sitting off to the side with tears in his eyes. "I'm so proud of you two. You spoke your truth. And apparently people love that - if the comments are any indication."

He stood up and put his phone in his pocket before coming over to sit beside the couple.

"What now?" Jimin asked.

"Honestly, now we wait. It's in the court of public opinion."