Chapter 57

Another day has passed and Jimin is still in a coma. Yoongi and Jimin's parents are taking turns spending time with him. On Yoongi's time off, he either sleeps or meets with Jin and Joon. He's avoided the news and his cell phone entirely. 

Tons of paparazzi are still outside the hospital. They don't seem to be willing to leave until some sort of statement is made. Yoongi isn't willing to leave until Jimin wakes up.

"Yoongi, have you been on your socials at all?"

"No. why?"

"People are actually being really supportive. Most of them anyway."

"Well they don't know the truth yet so..."

"No, that's the thing. They're saying that they don't care if you're dating Jimin. That you should get to be happy even as an idol."

Yoongi sat back in his chair. He's genuinely surprised to hear this news.

"Some are dicks of course. But most aren't."

********

A few hours later, Yoongi walks into Jimin's room with his favorite nurse. The older lady checks Jimin's wires and reads his machines. Before she leaves, she asks Yoongi if he needs anything to drink or maybe a blanket since it's cold in the room.

He politely declines and takes his seat by Jimin's bed. He immediately reaches for his hand and kisses it. It's become routine now. 

"They want me to make a statement. I don't know what to say Jiminie. I'm trapped. If I deny us, it will be a lie and most everyone will know it. If I admit it, you might feel betrayed when you wake up. The last thing I want is for you to be mad at me."

Yoongi laid his head on the bed and continued to hold Jimin's hand. He closed his eyes and continued thinking about the right thing to do until he felt Jimin's fingers twitch.

His head bolted up and he jumped a little as he made eye contact with his boyfriend for the first time in days. Relief flooded his veins and a smile spread on his face as the weight of Jimin's coma lifted off his shoulders.

"Baby" he whispered and gently rubbed circles on the hand he was holding.

"Yoonie...where am I? What happened?" Jimin's eyes went wide as he took in his surroundings and all of the wires connected to his body.

"You're in the hospital in the ICU. Jehun attacked you at work. But he's in jail now. You're safe."

The memories started coming back as Yoongi explained. He remembered the texts and being hit. Jehun yelling at him. He remembers punching Jehun until he stabbed him in his side.

Jimin's eyes bugged all of a sudden. "Hyunmin! Is he ok?" 

"Yeah, of course, why wouldn't he be?"

Jimin sagged in relief. "I just wanted to be sure. I saw him hit Jehun before I passed out."

"Well then I owe him a thank you and a big bottle of whiskey."

"How long have I been here?"

"3 days. Your parents are here. We flew them as soon as I got here."

"Do they know...what happened? Why it happened?"

Yoongi took a deep breath and prepared himself. "Baby. I'm so sorry to tell you this but...basically everyone knows."

Jimin's breath hitched and he looked up at Yoongi with a confused expression. "What does that mean?"

"Jehun recorded a video outing us and posted it to his social medias. It was picked up and is now all over the news. Paparazzi are downstairs."

A tear slipped out of Jimin's eyes and he wiped it away. "What have you said? Or Jin for you?"

"Nothing. I've basically been hiding here with you. I was hoping you would wake up first. I haven't left the hospital since I got here."

"Can you get my nurse please? I really want some water."

Yoongi nodded and whispered "of course" as he stood up and pressed the nurse call button. "You'll love her," he briefly said before she answered.

"Nurse Kim, Jiminie's awake! He asked for water."

"O that's great Yoongi. I'll get it and be right there. I need to let his doctor know too."

"Thank you!"

Yoongi sat back down in the chair beside Jimin's bed and smiled at him. "I'm so happy you're awake. I've been so worried."

"I know my breath must be gross but can I have a kiss? I missed you in my sleep, he giggled."

Yoongi smiled and nodded. "As many as you want." Then he leaned down and kissed Jimin's lips gently one, two, three times before lingering a little on the last one.

Just then, the nurse knocked on the door to announce herself.

"Nurse Kim! Meet my Jimin," Yoongi exclaimed excitedly as he waived toward Jimin.

Jimin giggled at Yoongi's cuteness that usually is reserved for him and introduced himself. "Hi nurse Kim, I'm Jimin. Thank you for taking care of me the last few days. And dealing with this one," he giggled as he pointed back at Yoongi.

"O it was my pleasure. You've got a good one here Jimin." She smiled sweetly at him and Jimin instantly knew why Yoongi is so comfortable. She radiates warmth.

"The best if you ask me."

"I'm gonna check your bandages, ok?" Jimin nodded and she pulled his blanket down before lifting his gown just for a second.

"Looks good for now but I'll change them after the doctor comes to see you. Can I get you anything? Are you in pain? Warm enough? The doctor has to sign off on eating but I will try to hurry him in here."

"I am hurting. Can I have something for that please? I'm warm enough."

"I'll bring you something now and we will talk to the doctor about something stronger when he comes. Be back soon. Yoongi, you ok?"

"I'm perfect."

Once she left, Yoongi helped Jimin drink some water from the large cup she brought him. Jimin felt like water has never tasted so good in his life. Yoongi sat down again and linked his fingers with Jimin's. 

"Jiminie. I'm so sorry this happened. It's all my..."

Jimin shook his head furiously. "Stop baby. It's NOT your fault. It's Jehun's. He did this to me. Not you."

"But if I knew..."

Jimin's eyebrows shot up. "What? That he was a psycho killer? How could you have known? Has he done this before?"

"No but..."

"Exactly. Yoongi, I won't listen to you blame yourself. This was not your fault."

Just then, the doctor and nurse Kim knocked on the door before entering. "Mr. Park, I'm so glad to see you awake. How are you feeling?"

"My stomach hurts a lot. And my head. Other than that, I'm ok. Thank you for saving me."

"Don't mention it. Nurse Kim, let's get him some stronger pain meds for the next few days until he heals a little more. I'm afraid diet will be liquids to start with. We don't want his stomach to get upset in any way and risk his stitches. He's got a lot of them in his intestines."

"Ok," Jimin pouted a little. "When do you think I can go home?"

"Not for at least a few days. Maybe a week. But if you do well tonight, we might be able to move you into a regular room tomorrow so you can have more visitors. I hear there's a few people that have been here the whole time and haven't seen you yet." The doctor gave Yoongi a pointed look.

Blushing, Yoongi admitted that Jin and Joon have been here the whole time too. But between the rotation of each of Jimin's parents and Yoongi, they haven't been in to the room yet.

Jimin giggled, "I would love to get in a regular room and see them too."