Chapter 40

Yoongi settled into his seat on the plane. He opened the window cover so that he can look outside. He's anxious because he's never flown before. He pulled out a fuzzy blanket that Jimin packed for him and  held it to his nose - inhaling deeply. Jimin sprayed it with his cologne and it smells heavenly.

Jin walked up and stuffed his carry-on into the compartment before taking his seat next to Yoongi.

"You look cozy," he commented with a chuckle.

"I'm nervous. I've never flown before."

Jin's eyes widened. "Never? You should have told me. We could have gotten you something to help."

"I didn't want to be too tired though. I feel like all that stuff just puts you to sleep."

"That's true."

"Did you send our schedule to Jimin? Also, I need to know where we are staying in Paris during his school break. So I can book his travel arrangements."

"I sent him the schedule a few minutes ago. I'll have to check my laptop for the hotel. I can't remember the name of it. Did he know we were gonna be in Paris?"

"No, I thought it would be a nice surprise to make him happy after I was gone."

"You're such a romantic. Who knew? I can book that stuff for him if you need me to."

"He makes me soft. I had no idea that was even possible," Yoongi said with a laugh. "I'll book them for him. Thank you though."

"You know you have to be careful with him, right? It was smart to let Namjoon know the truth and me eventually. But no one else can know. I don't think I have to tell you what that would mean for you both."

"You don't. We are careful. And will keep being careful. I promise. But I can't choose between him and my job. I won't."

"I hope you never have to. You should let me book his travel. It will be better under the company than being bought by you directly."

"I didn't think of that. I just wanted to take care of him as best I can while I'm away. Please book him a nice car to get to the hotel from the airport. And make sure he's on our floor at the hotel."

"I will. I promise."

Yoongi smiled his thanks before taking out his laptop and earbuds. He's dying to know what's on the CD Jimin gave him. By now, the plane was driving toward the runway for takeoff.

He turned on his laptop and put the CD into the drive. He pressed play, leaned back, and closed his eyes.

Yoongi smiled when he heard Jimin's voice.

"Hey Yoonie. If you're listening to this, it means you've left for tour. I recorded a special version of one of my favorite songs just for you. I hope you love it like I love you."

He was surprised to hear a familiar song, his own song, start playing. When the first verse was over, Yoongi heard Jimin's beautiful voice take over.

"So far away, if I had a dream..."

Yoongi felt a tear slip down his cheek as he continued listening to the new version of his song. When it was over, he instantly replayed the song - not even checking to see if there was more. He felt himself fall even more in love with the voice and the man it belongs to.

After listening to the song a 3rd time, he let the CD continue to the next track.

He smiled when he heard Jimin take a deep breath.

"Hello again love. I hope you enjoyed the song. You said you love my voice on it so I thought it could keep you company while you're gone.

I want you to know how much I love you Yoongi. Before we met, it had been so long since I felt like someone cared about me the way I wanted them to. But you took the time to get to know me. The real me. To love more than just my face. Or my body. You care for my soul. You give me hope that we really do have a perfect partner out there. I'm pretty sure you're mine."

Yoongi felt his eyes fill with tears as he smiled to himself. He pulled the blanket closer to himself and snuggled in.

"When you come home, everything will be different. I know that."

Jimin took another deep steadying breath before continuing.

"I'd be lying if I said I'm not scared. I am. The world is stacked against us. But somehow I trust you to get us through anything that happens. I believe I will be strong enough because you are strong enough.

I know I say it all the time but I'm so proud of you babe. You have had amazing success and done it without compromising who you are. You've made the music you wanted to make and people love it. I love it. I'm so excited to see you perform again when I visit. And maybe a little jealous of everyone who gets to see you before then." Jimin giggled quietly.

"Don't forget me. Take lots of pictures and videos. Have fun Yoonie. You worked almost your whole life for this moment. Make sure you enjoy it. I love you babe. Mwwahhh," he finished with a kiss.

Yoongi smiled through his tears and pressed repeat.

A/N

Chapter 40 😳
There are about 20 more till the end 😉

Thank you for reading. I hope you are enjoying so far 💜

Don't forget to add the book and follow me for my next one which I am already planning and outlining!

P.S. Thank you for 500 reads! I didn't think anyone would see this book when I started as a first time writer and it makes me soo happy to know when its read.

Jin 💜💜
Stay safe and healthy, handsome.
In my feels this morning.
Don't want to do this 6 more times 🥺