Chapter 55

"What does that even mean?" Yoongi questioned through his tears.

"We've repaired the damage to his abdomen. He lost a lot of blood which we tried to give him a transfusion for. His body rejected it though which made him sicker. We've done all we can to help that. He needs rest so that his body can finish healing. We have him in an induced coma and will keep him this way for a few days until his labs look better."

"Thank you doctor. Can Yoongi see him? They're...close," Jin finished with a look he hoped the doctor would understand the meaning of.

"I understand. He's being transferred to a room right now. I'll tell his nurse to come get you when she's finished with his first check."

Yoongi sighed in relief. At least he will get to see him soon.

********

An hour later, Yoongi walked into Jimin's ICU room. His breath hitched as he took in the sight of his love. Jimin had wires coming out of his arms and chest. He was attached to IVs giving him medication and a machine that sounded like it's beating with his heart. He's getting oxygen through a machine. His tummy is wrapped in bandages.

Tears began to fall for what must be the millionth time today. He sat next to Jimin's bed trying to control his emotions. He's wearing a gown and gloves to protect the cleanliness of the room but can't stop himself from reaching out to hold Jimin's hand.

"Baby, I'm here. I'm so sorry this happened to you." He kissed Jimin's hand gently before laying his head down next to it. "I love you so much. Please get better. I can't be without you."

Yoongi cried himself to sleep holding Jimin's hand and listening to the beating of his heart.

********

"How did this even happen when he's in jail?!" Jin screamed into the phone. He's now the one pacing the private waiting area as Namjoon looks on with a worried face. Yoongi has been gone for a while and only one person can visit at a time. It looks like this is their room for the night.

Jin huffs and rolls his eyes. "Can anything be done?" he asked more calmly and listens to the reply with a mixture of frustration and exhaustion on his face. "Ok. No, don't call him. I will." With that, he hung up the phone and sunk into the chair next to Namjoon.

Leaning his head on Joonie's shoulder, he began to cry quietly. "Jehun posted a video exposing them. Apparently he recorded it and set it to post before he attacked Jimin."

"I wish I was surprised. I know you don't know him but I did when he and Yoongi were together. He always seemed like a snake. Yoongi loved him though so there wasn't anything I could say to make him see it."

 Everything is such a mess. I don't know what to do."

Namjoon laid his head on top of Jin's and rubbed his back. "You don't have to decide right away. They are safe here. No one can bother them or you. Sleep for a little while and then think with a rested mind. I'll stay awake in case anyone comes by."

Jin yawned and nodded his head. "I love you Joonie."

Namjoon smiled at his sweet boyfriend. "I love you too Jinnie."

A/N

The story is winding down. Just a few chapters left 🥺 Thank you to those reading and especially voting 💜 I honestly didn't really expect anyone to find this book and love to see new reads. I hope you're enjoying it.

If you're interested in reading another story by me, follow me because my 2nd book will start after this one finishes.

Also, Im always looking for good Yoonmin books. So if you write them, lmk so I can read them. Or if you just have a favorite to share, I'd love that too.