Chapter 38

Jimin knocked on Yoongi's studio door. He was anxious for what he was about to do.

"Namjoon, hey! Good to see you again." 

"Hey Jimin, same to you. Although...to be honest, Yoongi talks about you so much I feel like I see you everyday," he added with a laugh.

Jimin blushed a deep pink and giggled. "I'm glad to hear that. Thank you for helping me with this."

They both walked into the studio and took seats. Jimin was on the couch and Namjoon in Yoongi's chair. Jimin felt weird seeing anyone but Yoongi in it.

"You're welcome. Anything for Yoongi. I'm so glad you two found each other. Tell me, how are you doing? I can only imagine what you must be feeling with all this."

Jimin took a deep steadying breath. "Honestly, all over the place. I'm happy for Yoongi. So happy. But I'm also scared. We haven't been together that long and he's leaving for months. I'm gonna miss him so much. I just hope he misses me the same."

"He will. He cares about you a lot. I've known him for years and never seen him this way. You aren't just any boyfriend to him."

"Same for me. I love him. I'm afraid he will forget me while he's gone. You know all the stories of musicians on tour. What if he gets swept up in all the attention?"

"I do know those stories but Yoongi isn't like that. He's not a musician for the fame or anything else. He does it because he loves music. And now he loves you. He will care for you the way he cares for it."

Jimin blushed at Namjoon's words. "How about you and Jin? He'll be gone for the tour too right?"

"Yeah. He's basically anywhere Yoongi is if he's working. I'm sad he'll be gone so long. But I know it'll be ok. We can have pity parties while their gone," he laughed.

"I'm in! Pizza, ice cream, and a movie at my house," Jimin laughed.

"On a serious note, thank you for being a friend to me also. I know you don't have to be. You've been so great about helping our relationship. I really appreciate it so much hyung."

"You're welcome Jimin. Being your friend is easy. Especially when you make Yoongi so happy. He deserves it."

"Speaking of Yoongi, where is he? I was almost thinking this wouldn't work out."

"He got called to a last minute re-shoot of some footage for his tour intro. Lucky for us because he'll be gone all day."

"Yeah, I was starting to think we wouldn't get to do it. He leaves in just a couple days."

"Have you recorded before?"

Jimin shook his head anxiously. "No. I'm more of a sing in the shower guy. I'm really nervous."

Namjoon chuckled. "Don't be. I'm a professional and it's going to be great. You know the words already?"

"Of course, I know his whole album by heart... I was thinking though. Could we do a second track and it just be me talking to him? Like a letter?"

Namjoon cooed at the cuteness of his best friend's boyfriend. "Of course we can. He'll love that."

*********

After a few instructions in the recording room, Jimin put on the headphones that would play the song in his ears. He took a deep breath and began singing.

When the song was over, Namjoon spoke into his headphones. "Wow Jimin. Your voice is amazing. Are you sure you don't wanna be a singer?"

Jimin giggled. "I'm sure. I don't wanna be famous. Just me."

"Ok, well if you ever change your mind, you better call me and no one else."

Jimin laughed again and blushed a little. "I promise."

"I'm gonna start the track now for you to just talk to him. When you're done, just give me a thumbs up and I'll stop the recording."

"Ok thank you." Jimin took a deep breath before closing his eyes and opening his heart.