Chapter 18

Jimin walked into his apartment and tossed his keys like usual. Work had been steady tonight. Not too busy but busy enough that he wasn't able to think much about Yoongi's words earlier in the night. But they replayed in his mind constantly.

I would miss you too...I don't care about being famous...I just want to make music.

Is it possible that he's telling the truth? Jimin had never known a famous person but it seemed unlikely that things wouldn't change. How could they not? Yoongi would go from being a normal everyday person to being recognized everywhere he goes. People throwing themselves at him. Not to mention being rich. Why would he want to keep coming back to their little bar?

And the schedule...Yoongi would play shows, do interviews, need to work on new music. The list of his responsibilities as an idol was endless.

How could he think things wouldn't change? He's being naive, Jimin thought to himself.

But still, he didn't want things to change. He was falling for Yoongi a little more everyday and it terrified him. He didn't want to get hurt. Didn't want to watch Yoongi change into someone he wouldn't recognize.

It would be best to stop talking to him. Just break off their friendship now. Before he could really get hurt. He felt pretty sure that Yoongi liked him too. There were signs - some strong and some more subtle. But they were there.

Jimin walked into his bathroom and started a hot bath. He needed something to help relieve his tension. He shook in extra lavender bubbles before pulling his clothes off and stepping in.

He thought about texting Tae. Maybe he could help him process. But in the end, he decided against it. We're just friends. It shouldn't hurt if things change. I've lost friends before.

He fell asleep in the tub knowing that he was lying to himself. It will hurt if things change. Yoongi was different than anyone he had ever met. He was funny and caring. Unafraid. And he treated him like a person and not an object.