Chapter 10

"Uhhhhh," Yoongi groaned to himself, combing his fingers through his hair in frustration. He's working on the title song to his mixtape. The most important song. The first to be released. The first to have a music video. Maybe the only one if it didn't do well.

The words aren't coming together the way he wants. Maybe he's too tired. Maybe stressed. Maybe a combination of both. He has the studio booked for three more hours so he needs to make progress.

One of his best friends, Hoseok, better known as Hobi, was in the studio with him. He was a rapper in a group that was getting really popular. They were trainees together but Yoongi didn't want to be in a group. He wanted to be fully in charge of writing and producing his music.

"Why don't you take a few minutes and clear your mind. Grab a drink from the cafe," Hobi suggested. Yoongi rolled his eyes at his friend. "I don't need to clear my mind. I need to organize the thoughts that are already there," Yoongi replied, grabbing paper and his favorite pen.

He started re-writing the lyrics - arranging the phrasing differently each time. He still wasn't satisfied. After a few minutes, Hobi burst out laughing.

"Are you in pain? You look like you might puke," he stated with a continued chuckle.

"Stop laughing at me! This is hard enough already," Yoongi scolded, but he couldn't help laughing a little himself. He knew his frustration had to be written all over his face.

"Besides, you have a whole group and producers to help with your music. I'm on my own most days. You have it so eassyyy," Yoongi teased back to his friend.

"Easy??! Do you know how hard it is to have a voice in a group of 7? All with different opinions and styles. Then throw in the producers and it's chaos.... I'll admit it's fun chaos. But it's hard some days." Hobi looked at his watch and got off the couch behind where Yoongi was writing.

"I have to go hyung. Early morning schedule for us."

"Ok, be safe."

"I will. Don't work yourself too hard. Get some sleep. Even if you have to work on it some more tomorrow. Fresh eyes might help." With that, he was gone from the room.

Yoongi turned back to his notepad and sighed. Fresh eyes. Fresh eyes he thought to himself. Then he thought about Jimin. Maybe talking to Jimin would help clear his head. He checked his phone and saw it was 10:30. He didn't know if Jimin was working tonight or was free but he was gonna take a chance. He missed his bartender. Maybe he could be his fresh eyes. Probably not. Either way, he was sure to make him feel better.

He pulled up Jimin's contact and pressed send - twisting his pen in his fingers while he listened to the ring.

He heard the call pick up after the second ring. "Yoongi! Hey, how are you?" came Jimin's excited voice.

"I'm ok. I'm in the studio. Working on my title track. It's frustrating me though. I just wanted to take a break and talk to my favorite bartender." What the fuck Yoongi he thought to himself. They were just friends. He couldn't be saying things like that.

"I'm so glad you called. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with your song. What's wrong with it?"

"I just can't get the lyrics exactly the way I want. This song has to be perfect because it will introduce me. I'm putting a lot of pressure on it," he said with a chuckle.

"Well, I've never written a song before but I'm actually a writing major at my university. I've done lots of poetry and I'm off work tonight. Maybe I can help."

Yoongi couldn't help the smile that spread across his face. This man was too perfect. Scary perfect.

"Do you wanna come hang out with me? I'd love fresh eyes."

"I'd love to. Send me the address. I'll be on the way in 10."

"Ok see you soon. Bye Jimin."

"See you soon Yoonie," Jimin replied sweetly and hung up.

Hello readers! I hope you are enjoying the story so far. It will be long but I hope worth it. Don't forget to star and follow for updates 💜