Chapter 1

"Ahhh Dammit!" says Jimin as he falls over putting his shoe on.

It's his first day of work and he's running late.

Fully clothed, he runs out the front door with his keys and phone. He jumps in his beat up Nissan and slams the car in reverse.

" I cannot be late on my first day" Jimin mutters to himself as he speeds off.

Ten minutes later, he arrives at his new job. It's a hole in the wall bar named Shots of Seoul. He's nervous and excited to try bartending for the first time. They always look so cool in movies. "Can I do it though?" he thought to himself as he rushed in the front door.

"Hi, I'm Jimin! I'm looking for Taehyung..." he said to the first person he came across.

"That's me... but you can call me Tae" his new boss replied. "Ready to get started?"

"Definitely!" Jimin replied. He followed Tae to the back room to sign some papers before following him to the bar.

"There's a list of our most common drinks and their ingredients kept here" said Tae as he pointed to a small book under the bar. "You will want to memorize those as fast as you can... will make it much faster when we get busy later!"

Jimin nodded his head, sure that he could learn them easily. He was valedictorian in college, after all.

"If you want the best tips, you have to learn to do tricks while you make drinks - the customers love it" Tae told him.

Jimin thought that tricks would be fun but he was...nervous...knowing he's kinda clumsy.

"Ok sure... what's the easiest one to learn first?" Jimin asked his new boss.

"A basic bottle flip, I'll demonstrate." The man said as he walked behind the bar and grabbed two glasses and a bottle of something Jimin didn't know the name of. Holding it by the neck, Tae flipped the bottle 365 degrees before pouring the liquid into one of the glasses. It was so quick and smooth that Jimin wasn't sure how he didn't spill. His boss repeated the move one more time so that Jimin could get the hang of it.

Tae left Jimin alone to learn the list and try the bottle flip. It was still early and there weren't many customers yet. Jimin was feeling less and less confident as he realized that he didn't know what most of the bottles were... let alone how to make most of these drinks. Reading through the list, he started matching the ingredients with the bottles around him. He practiced with the shakers and the draft nozzles.

Customers started coming in and Jimin made a few basic drinks. He ran out of time to practice the flip and he wasn't about to try with eyes watching. He knew he was the new guy and felt eyes, belonging to men and women, watching him closely.

A few customers whistled at him and asked Tae where he found such a hot new bartender. Tae just laughed and told them to shut up. Jimin tried to ignore the attention. He loved to dress nice and take care of himself. But he hated feeling like an object - and that's what he was to most people.

As the night went on, he got more confident. He only messed up two drinks and gave one guy the wrong tap beer. The tips weren't bad either.

"Can I get a whiskey neat?" said a new voice.

"Coming right up" responded Jimin, already looking for the whiskey.

Feeling confident, he decided to try the bottle flip.

Not looking at the customer, he set a glass down on the bar. Grabbing the whiskey bottle, he made the flip just as Tae showed him. Pouring the whiskey, he proudly smiled up at his new customer...

And froze. In front of him was the most beautiful man he'd ever seen. Mint hair, pink lips, pale skin. Jimin's eyes went wide as his mouth gaped open.

Suddenly he realized he was still pouring whiskey and it was everywhere.