Chapter 58

The following afternoon, Jimin is moved into a regular room in the VIP area of the hospital. Namjoon, Jin, and Yoongi are all able to visit for a while as his parents take a rest in a nearby visitors lounge.

"Are you serious?" Jin asked incredulously.

"Yes, we are. We want to tell our story in our own words. It's the only way the public will get to hear from us. And that's our best chance at being accepted."

"And you want this too Jimin? I thought you didn't want to go public." Namjoon is worried that the younger is wrapped up in the difficulty of the situation and not thinking clearly.

"I didn't but I don't think there's much choice now. I can't ask Yoongi to lie about us. That would be career suicide since it seems pretty obvious we are together. And I'm not giving him up to stay out of the spotlight. I realized that I was being stupid all along honestly. I didn't want to be a secret and yet was the one keeping us a secret the hardest. We could have never had a real life if we were always hiding."

"And if worst comes to worst, we move. I can rap from another country. Hell, I'm touring other countries right now. It'll be hard but I'll work at it. I promise."

"Speaking of, you have a show in London in 3 days that I really want you to be there for. We've already cancelled two others that will have to be rescheduled for the end of the tour."

"Ok. Jimin might be discharged by then. If so, we can go. But I'm not leaving him." He looked around the room at his friends and boyfriend. "So, when are we making this statement?"

"Tomorrow morning. I will schedule a live so that fans know it's happening. It will be on your own channel. You can say as much, or little, as you want without reporters interrupting to ask questions."

*********

The following morning, Jin comes into the hospital room with a small crew of people to set up a camera and lighting. Yoongi and Jimin are both nervous but a little excited also. At least, after this, they can be a real couple. All they can hope for now is support, or, at the very least, acceptance.

"Sucks that my debut on your page is in a hospital gown," Jimin laughed.

"About that - I actually gave Namjoon a key to my apartment last night and he grabbed you a shirt. I didn't think you'd want to be in that."

Jimin smiled and kissed his lover. "Always so thoughtful. I love you so much."

"I love you too baby." Yoongi dug through his suitcase and grabbed the shirt for Jimin. He pulled the shirt over his head and put his arms through gently - being careful not to stretch Jimin in any way to pull his stitches. Once the shirt was pulled down and his covers back in place, you couldn't tell his has a hospital gown on.

"We'll go live in 10 minutes. Make sure you're ready," Jin told them as the crew began testing the lighting.

A stylist walked in the room and tried to give Yoongi clothes to wear. She also had a makeup case and jewelry ready to go.

"I don't want any of that," Yoongi told her but looked at Jin. "I don't want them to see Agust D today. They need to see me as Yoongi and not just an idol if I want them to understand my choices."

Jin nodded his understanding.

"Can I wear those though?" Jimin asked and pointed to small hoops. "My ears feel naked without earrings."

Yoongi smiled, "Of course you can baby."

Jimin giggled and clapped his hands as the stylist pulled them out of her bag and handed them over. "Would you like a necklace also?" she asked with a smile. Jimin nodded excitedly and pointed to a simple one that matched the earrings. "Thank you. I feel more like me again," he told them both.

"Ok, are we ready to get started?" Jin asked as the stylist was fastening the necklace onto Jimin's neck.

Yoongi looked at Jimin who nodded. He took his seat next to Jimin's hospital bed and laced their fingers together.

"As ready as we'll get."