Chapter 8

It was mid-morning on Saturday. Jimin was getting dressed to meet up with Tae and his boyfriend Jungkook at a nearby cafe for breakfast. He was looking forward to a good cup of coffee. And to spend time with the pair. He hadn't been around Jungkook much except at work.

A little bell chimed as he stepped out of the cold and into the warmth. He saw the pair sitting at a booth across the room. He smiled and waved as he walked over.

"Hey, how are y'all doing this morning?" he asked cheerfully as he slid in across from them.

"We're good hyung, how are you?" Jungkook replied, eyeing him closely.

"O so you told him..." Jimin said, eyeing Tae even closer.

"I'm sorry, I was so worried about you when I got home that I called him to talk. I hoped you were sleeping so I didn't want to disturb you."

Just then a server came by to take their order. They ordered coffees with a breakfast platter and pancakes to share before going back to their conversation.

"It's ok Tae, I understand. I'm doing ok. I was upset last night but I feel a lot better after a bath and some sleep."

"Did Yoongi contact you? He called the bar and asked for your number. I hope that was ok. He said he was worried and wanted to check on you."

Jimin smiled "yeah, he called and checked on me. It was really thoughtful of him. He might be a good friend. We'll see."

"Just a friend?" Jungkook asked jokingly before making kissy sounds.

"Stop! Geez," Jimin said, blushing bright red and covering his face in his hands. Looking back up, he says "Yes,a friend.He's about to release an album and be an idol. No way he wants me in the middle of all that. Plus I have school and work. Anything more than friends just doesn't seem possible."

"Now can we talk about something besides my love life?" Jimin asked the pair.

"Yes! Let's talk about the new Stranger Things! Have you seen it yet?" Tae asks excitedly.

"Of course! It's sooo good. I'm so sad we have to wait until forever to find out how it's all going to end" Jimin replied.

"I know, right? And how is it ending already? I feel like I could watch that show forever," Jungkook added.

"Same" both replied.

"Are you gonna watch the new Game of Thrones show? Jungkook asks.

"Idk yet honestly. I feel like it's kind of pointless. We know what happens to the Targaryean's. Why watch the story of their house falling?"

Just then their food and coffees came. All three fixed their coffees to their liking before taking a few sips.

"Honestly I feel the same way. I probably won't watch. BUT you know the dragons have to be awesome" JK added with a huge grin.

"True," Jimin laughed. "Maybe we should watch and have weekly watch parties at our houses. Then we have fun even if it sucks."

Tae and Jungkook looked at each other briefly before smiling "We're in."

Comfortable silence filled the air as the three ate their breakfast and enjoyed their coffee. Tae gave Jungkook money and asked him to pay the bill. Once he got up to go to the register, Tae looked at Jimin.

"Jimin, I want you to take a couple days off work. You said you are fine and you seem ok but I know what happened last night has to have shooken you up some. You'll still get paid so don't worry about that. I just want you to have some time for yourself. I'm also getting the bathroom door fixed so that it can't be locked from the inside like that again."

"Ok...if you're sure. I really think I can come to work tonight if you need me. If not, I may come by anyway and just hang out. I think avoiding it might make me dread going back more."

"I'm sure but I would love to see you tonight if you just wanna come by for a drink."

Just then Jungkook came back and the three left the cafe to head back home.

"See you tonight," Jimin promised.