Chapter 60

~Stella's POV~
"Ok honey, mommy and daddy have to leave just for a little bit. I promise we'll be back." I told Bella, who was basically clinging onto my leg as Kelly and I were trying to leave. 
Grant has been out of rehab for a few weeks now and he wanted me to come see his living situation. He's actually following through with our plan, which is relieving, but scary at the same time for me. Kelly wanted to come, so the kids are going to be at home with Violet and Hawkins.

"No, I want you to stay!" Bella cried, grabbing the pant of my jeans tighter.
"Here let me take her." Hawkins came over and carried her.
"No mommy!" Bella cried.
"Honey, we'll be back before you know it." I kissed the top of her head.

Kelly came to the door.
"Hey, ready to go?" He asked me.
"Yea let's go. Bella, sweetheart, we'll be back soon." I told her.
Bella sniffled and finally just hugged Hawkins and he comforted her.

Kelly and I gave each of the kids a hug and kiss and we left.
"You got his address?" Kelly told me as he started the car.
"Uh yea." I said. Pulling up the text from Grant and gave the phone to Kelly. He took the phone and inputed the address into his GPS. And we were off.

The whole time we drove, I was anxious. I'm happy that he's doing better and finally turning his life around. But part of me is scared and honestly angry. Scared because that since he is following through with the deal, he's going to start seeing "our" daughter soon. And then part of me is angry because I don't understand why he couldn't have done this years ago. We could've been a family together. But this is all for the best. I hope.

My thoughts were interrupted by feeling the car stop and seeing that we were outside of an apartment complex.
We got out of the car, but I hesitated.
"Maybe... you should stay here..." I told Kelly.
"What for?" He chuckled. "It's not like he doesn't know we're together."
"I know but... just incase... please? I promise next time, you can finally be with us." I said.

He's never come to any of the visits in Med before. And I feel bad that I promised Kelly that he would be able to see Grant today, but honestly, I want to see first if he's actually ok right now.
"Alright yea. Just call me if anything." He said, giving me my phone and a kiss.
"Thanks for being so understanding..." I told him.
"Of course. Be safe." He told me, squeezing my hands before I finally turned around, facing the apartment building, and walked in.

I walked inside and looked for the elevators. I finally found them and pressed the button for the 15th floor and went up. I took a deep breath in the elevator as I saw the numbers jump quickly. Before I knew it, I was on the 15th floor and I made my way to apartment 1525. Once I found the apartment, I stood outside of it. I hesitated to knock and I shook my arms and hands, trying to get all the nerves out.

Then I finally knocked on the door. Not even 10 seconds later, and the door opened. And I saw Grant there. He looked honestly great. You could see in his face and just overall physique how much the absence of alcohol and drugs have helped him.
"Stella! Hi!" He said, excitedly.
"Hi!" I smiled.
I went in for a small hug, but he wrapped his arms around me, the same way he used to do on those "good days" when we were still together.

"Ok... um... Grant?" I asked him, after 15 seconds of the hug.
He quickly pulled away and got a little flustered.
"Right, right.. sorry. I'm just a little excited... everything is looking up." He smiled.
I smiled and looked around the apartment from the doorway.
"Come on! Let me show you around!" He said, walking inside, motioning me to follow.

I hesitated, but I followed him around. He showed me the whole apartment and I was legitimately impressed.
"Here! This is the best part!" He said, almost skipping with happiness to one last room. He opened the door and it was an empty room. The walls were painted purple, with some boxes on the floor.