Chapter 5

~Stella's POV~
All units, structure fire 3290 West Jersey Street

We all went to the vehicles.
It was a 3 floor house fire.
"Ok, Kidd with me. Gallo with Otis, Mouch with Mason. We're searching the top floor!" Casey yelled out.

We went inside.
The fire was very hot now and the smoke was almost impossible to see through.
We couldn't find any victims.
"You check that room! I'll go over here!" Casey yelled.

I went into this other room and did a sweep of it. No one was there. I went back out to find Casey, but the smoke was so thick that I couldn't find him.
"Everyone out! Smoke is too thick!" I heard Casey yell into the radios.

I was trying so hard to find my way out, but the smoke was way too thick. My air tank was running low as well. I was getting absolutely terrified now. What if I die? What if my baby dies?

"Kidd, report. You're the only one still in the building." I heard Casey in my radio.
"Trying to find my way out of here Captain, the smokes so thick." I explained.

All of a sudden, I heard some cracking and then felt the floor crumble underneath me.

~Kelly's POV~
I was getting worried for Stella. She's the only one still in the house. She was having a hard time trying to find a way out.
"Casey, come on Man, one of us should go in and find her." I said.

"Severide we can't, the structure is getting unstable." He told me.
We watched the house. I was getting anxious, we all were. Then, all of a sudden, there was some noise coming from the house, it sounded like something fell.

"Kidd, report." Casey said into his radio.
We got no answer. Dawson and I looked at each other a little worried.
All of a sudden we heard a PASS alarm.

"Truck go get your firefighter!" Chief yelled.
They went in and about 3 minutes later they came back with Stella. They took off her mask, she had black soot all over her face.

They got her bunker coat off.
Brett felt her pulse.
"Alright, She has a pulse but barely. Let's get her hooked her up to the monitors." She said.

"Heart rate is 150/60. Oxygen is dropping.. bag her." Dawson said.
"That heart rate way too high, let's get her to Med." Brett was bagging her.

I was looking at Stella with some tears in my eyes.
"Come on, Kidd..." I said.
They got her sats barely steady.
"Severide, you wanna ride with us?" Dawson asked me.

I hopped in the back of the ambo. Dawson was in the back with me and Brett was driving.
"We have to check for any injuries. Help me take off her sweater, and can you cut her shirt?" Dawson asked me, handing me some scissors.
I helped take off her sweater and cut her shirt off and I kinda didn't believe what I saw.

Dawson looked at Stella's stomach.
"Oh my god... this explains why her heart rate is double what it should be..." she whispered.
"Did you know?" I asked her.
She shook her head.

"No, she's so quiet and doesn't really talk. Did you?" She asked me.
I shook my head too.
Dawson put a fetal heart monitor on Stella's stomach.

"Baby's sats are good..." She breathed a sigh of relief.
"Why was she keeping this a secret?" I asked her.
"Not sure... but she really shouldn't be on truck... she seems like she's probably around 20 weeks right now.." Dawson explained.