Chapter 59

~Stella's POV~
I flipped over the test and looked at the results.
Not Pregnant
I looked at the test and showed Gabby.
She smiled but then looked at me.
"That's a good thing... right?" She asked.

I looked at the test, the weird thing was, I was relieved, but also a bit disappointed.
I looked at her and to her surprise, I just shrugged my shoulders.
"I don't know... um... I guess you're always just scared about the test results, but at the same time... there was a small part of me that was kind of hoping that it would be positive... is that weird?" I explained to Gabby.

She smiled and shook her head.
"No... it's not weird... if you want me to be honest, that was me during the first few years Matt and I were together. I had a couple of scares, hoping that the test would be negative, and then be a little disappointed when it actually turned out to be." She explained.

I looked back at the test, seeing the same two words on the little screen.
"Well, I guess that's that..." I said, throwing it in the trashcan.
"So do you think you know why you were feeling this way then?" She asked me.
I nodded my head.

"Yea, the kids all had some bug, so I'm guessing they gave it to me." I said.
"That's never fun. You want some medicine?" She asked me.
"No it's ok, I took some right before we left the firehouse." I explained.

"Would you and Kelly want more kids in the future?" She asked me.
I stayed quiet for a minute, thinking about the question. Then I nodded my head.
"Yea... most likely. Maybe one more when the twins are like 3 or 4..." I said.

Once I said that, for some reason, I started thinking about marriage. I have no idea why the idea of marrying Kelly just came into my head.

Gabby and I only hung out for maybe another 2 hours before Casey came home and I just decided to go home and be with my kids.
When I got home, the kids all ran up to me and I hugged them each. Then I found Kelly in our room and gave him a hug and a kiss.

"Hey, how was your girls day with Gabby? I didn't expect you to be back so soon..." he told me.
"Uh yea, it was good..." I said.
"What happened?" He asked me, his tone changing to sounding a bit worried.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, confused.
"You don't seem yourself. Did something happen?" He asked me.
I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders.
"Everything's fine..." I said.

I took off my jacket and hung it up in my closet. Then I felt Kelly's warm embrace hug me from behind.
"I'm not letting you go until you tell me..." I heard him say.
I laid my arms on top of his that were on my waist and I looked at him.

"So what happened?" He asked again.
I looked away and shrugged.
"Nothing..." I said, trying to get out of his hold.
He hugged me a little tighter.
"That's not an answer..." he whispered.

"Ok, ok... I may or may not have had a pregnancy scare..." I told him.
He was surprised and immediately let go of me.
"What?" He asked. I turned around and faced him.
"Don't worry, the test came out negative... but yea..." I told him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked me.
I shrugged my shoulders.
"Because I... just... I didn't even know what to think." I told him.
He put his hands on my waist and hugged me.
"Why would you think you needed to hide that?" He asked me.

I looked at him and then looked past him.
"I didn't think it mattered... and I'm not pregnant anyway, so it doesn't matter..." I told him.
"I just would've liked it if you told me... you never have to hide anything from me." He said.
I looked into his eyes and kissed him.
"I'm sorry... you're right, I should've told you and have been with you while I took the test... I don't... I'm sorry..." I told him.

~Kelly's POV~
I could see Stella stuttering and jiggerty as she was explaining herself. I pulled her in by her waist and just kissed her again.
"It's ok... you don't have to keep explaining yourself... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have acted like that and made you explain yourself... I'm just happy you told me in the end..." I told her.

She just nodded her head and laid her head on my shoulder.
"Yea... maybe all these symptoms are just from... stress and stuff." She said.
I nodded my head. I know she's been stressed out lately, especially because of the kids all being sick back to back.

-few hours later-
It was now 9pm and we got all the kids to bed about an hour ago. Stella was getting some pajamas on and I was laying on the couch. I was watching TV and drinking a beer.
Then I saw Stella walk out into the living room. She was wearing one of my shirts and boxers.

She laid down with me and she took a deep breath.
I kissed the top of her head.
"You ok?" I asked her.
She nodded her head.
"Yea just... so happy that the day is finally over." She said.
I chuckled, stroked her hair, and rubbed her back.

She snuggled with me on the couch as we just laid there with each other's company for probably about 30 minutes before she spoke up: "hey babe?"
"Yea?" I asked her, pausing the TV.
"I was doing some thinking... and... I thought more about marriage..." she told me.

I looked at her.
"Really? What were you thinking?" I asked her.
She sat a little more up on the couch and looked at me.
"Um... I love you so so much and I know you'll always take care of me and keep me safe... I want to marry you. I want to have your last name and we'll all be 'The Severides'. I want to walk down that aisle for the last time and marry the love of my life. The real love of my life." She smiled.

I smiled at her and looked into her eyes.
"Are you... are you sure? I know you were pretty skeptical about it before." I told her.
She nodded her head and grabbed my face with her hands.

"Probably the most sure I've ever been... I love you so much and... I wanna spend the rest of my life with you, with our children, as a family, and married." She told me.
"Well... I can make that happen..." I smiled.
She gave me a kiss and before I knew it, I was carrying her into our room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stella and I were in our room. She pulled away from me and flipped us both over so she was now laying down on her back.
"So what kind of ring would you like?" I asked her.
"You don't need to get a ring. I think I'd be ok with just getting married in somewhere like Vegas." She chuckled.
"You sure?" I asked her.

She looked in my eyes and stroked my hair.
"All I need is you..." she said.
She pulled me in and kissed me before pulling away for air and then chuckled before speaking again.
"On second thought, maybe I wouldn't mind a ring." She said.
I chuckled.
"You got it..." I smiled.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥