Chapter 23

~Dawson's POV~
Bella and I have been in the car, waiting for Stella for about 5 minutes now. I had a feeling something wasn't right.

I got Bella out of her seat and I went inside to the firehouse to grab Chief.
"Hey Chief, Stella ran over to his guy that called out to her. Saying something was wrong, she told me to wait with Bella in the car. But I have a feeling something isn't right.." I told him.

He looked concerned.
"Show me where she went." He said, getting up, grabbing his radio.
We went to where I saw her run to.

Bella was getting fussy in my arms because, obviously, I'm not Stella or Severide.
"Shh, it's ok Bella..." I told her as we tried to find Stella.

Chief went around one corner and I went around the other corner.
"Stella?" I called out. I didn't hear anything.
"Stella!" I called out again.
Then I tried calling her.

All of a sudden I heard a phone ringing.
The sound led me around to this alleyway.
I saw Stella lying on the ground. She was bloody, her face was cut up, and she had bruises on her.
"Oh my god- Chief!" I yelled.

He came right over and saw her.
"Oh my.." He said.
He picked her up and carried her to put in the backseat of his patrol car. Then, Ambo pulled in.

"Hey- oh my god, what happened?" Brett asked.
"We don't know. Get her to Med now. I'll radio Severide." He told us.
They got Stella on the gurney.
"Dawson, you want to meet us at Med?" Brett asked.

I nodded my head.
I quickly went over to Stella's car and got Bella in her car seat. I looked through Stella's purse and found her car keys. I saw ambo pull out of the firehouse and followed them.

~Kelly's POV~
Me and my guys were now heading back to the firehouse.
"Squad 3 report." I heard my radio go off. It was Chief.

"Hey, Chief. We're heading back now. What's up?" I asked into my radio.
"Severide... there's been an incident..." He said. I looked at Cruz, wondering what Chief meant by that.

"Chief. What-what do you mean?" I asked him.
"Get over to Med, it's Stella." He said.
I looked at Cruz.
"Get us to Med now!" I ordered.

Cruz immediately turned on the lights and sirens and got us there fast.
A million thoughts were racing through my head.
What happened to Stella? Is she ok? Is she in pain? Is this Grant's doing? What about Bella?

Once we got to Med, I immediately got out and went inside the ER. I looked around, panicked. It was so busy in there, everyone was busy. I just looked around, trying to see if I would find Stella anywhere.

"Kelly Severide?" Some nurse asked me.
"Yes." I told her.
"Right this way." She told me.

She lead me to a room. The curtains were closed. She nodded her head and walked away. I pulled back the curtains and saw Stella there. She was in just pants and a bra, with bandages on her ribs, and bruises and cuts everywhere.

"Oh my god.. Stella..." I said.
She didn't say anything and looked at me and sighed.
"Are- are you ok? What happened? Is anything broken? Where-where does it hurt?" I asked her.

"Kelly-... Relax.. I'm ok.." she said.
I sighed and rubbed my face.
"God... you look like you're in pain... where does it hurt?" I asked her.
She looked at herself.

"I'll.. let you know when the Med where off." She said, trying to joke around, but I could tell she was in some pain.
I cupped her face in my hands.
"God I-... I was so scared when I heard Boden on the radio... my mind just.. immediately went to the worst.." I told her.

She didn't say anything as tears formed in her eyes. I wiped them as they fell down her face.
"You think.. this has something to do with Grant?" I asked her.
She looked at me, and she didn't really say anything.