Chapter 189

- How do you feel, beautiful? - German asked after we have been left alone.

- Pretty good today... - I replied - I could be better... But I'm good...

- I see... - he sighed then pulled me into a gentle hug - I feel so helpless...

- Why? - I asked while I've been hugging onto him tightly.

- Because I can't make your pain go away...

- German... - I looked up at him and kissed him cheek - All I want from you now is to be with me and don't leave me...

- I'm staying with you... As long as you want me to stay...

I smiled at him.

- Will you stay with me for the whole night?

- Of course! - he smiled warmly at me and he really stayed with me the whole night.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The next day everything seemed to be going fine until I was walking through the corridors and I heard talking from the harem...

- When Hürrem sultana dies I'll take over the harem and rule everything! So you better be nice to me!

I peeked in and I saw Defne making this noise, making herself sound like she's already the ruler here.

- Sultana, don't get upset... - said Sümbül.

- I won't... - I groaned - I'll calmly execute her...

Sümbül sighed while I decided to talk in, interrupting Defne's speech and making everyone jump up from their seats and bowing deeply.

As I walked in I sighed deeply before heading to Defne who didn't seem so worried after what she just said.

- So you think you'll be the valide here... The ruler, leading the harem... - I started, trying to stay calm.

- I didn't say anything like that - she replied, looking right into my eyes.

- She's lying! - snapped Nurbanu.

- Easy now, my girl... I heard everything.

Defne went pale.

- But you didn't hear what she said! - she continued referring to Nurbanu this time.

- Why? What did she say?

- Eh...

She didn't know what to say which made me smile.

- I knew it. Just stop lying already.

- I'm not...

- Enough! - I shouted as I grabbed onto her throat - I once forgave you.... But this time I've had it with you! Who do you think you are to tell everybody that I'm dying and that you'll be the ruler after me?!

- You said that yourself... - she mumbled while I was still holding her by her throat, nearly choking her.

At this point I thought for a second then I decided to let go of her.

- So it's true?! - asked Gülsah who still has been working for me, but I never really told her anything.

- Let me get something clear here... - I started again - I might be sick right now... But I'm not planning to leave anytime soon...

Then I turned to face Defne.

- And you shouldn't be talking about me like this... Because so far the only person who could take my place is my daughter, Violetta, or Sehzade Mustafa's wife, Efsun! You're nowhere near any of them so if I were you I'd stay quiet!

- I'm the wife of your son!

- And what?!

- I...

- I'm still here and I can still decide if you die, or not!

- You're gonna die soon, either way!

- Defne! - hissed Gülsah.

- That's enough of you! - I hissed as I went closer to her and slapped her.

- You know I'm right!

Suddenly...

- How could you?!

We all jumped as we heard Bayezid's voice from behind me...

- How could you say that to my mother?! - he groaned.

- Bayezid...!

- I've had enough of you! Agas!

Two guard came in:

- Took her to the cell! I'll decide about her later...

And with that the two guard grabbed Defne and took her out while the rest of us just stayed in place...

- I helped her to get to you... And this is what I get... - I groaned.

- Don't stress yourself, mother - said Bayezid - She doesn't worth it.

I just looked over to him, smiled and nodded a bit before turning back to the girls...

- I'm not going to leave anytime soon and she's never gonna be a ruler here... This is all I can promise you now... - I sighed then I left the room.