Chapter 43

It was Mahidevran.

- Well? Would you answer me? - she asked again as she looked at me evilly as always - Who's this guy and how do you know him?

- He's an old friend of mine from where I came from - I replied calmly - He came here to be a dance teacher in the palace for a while - I said as I turned to Gregorio - Right?

- That's right, sultana - he nodded.

Good, I thought I'll look like an idiot after this.

- And what about the other guy? - Mahidevran continued asking - What was his name? Pablo?

An evil grin appeared on her face as she said that. She might have heard me talking about him, or with him last night.

- He's also a friend - I replied.

- I see... - she mumbled, pretty suspiciously then she walked away.

- That was close... - I sighed deeply.

- What's going on between you two? - Gregorio asked - You both were looking like you just want to kill each other.

- That is actually the case here - I told him pretty seriously and first he thought I'm joking until I added - She wanted to kill me not once, but she failed.

- Are you serious?

- I am - I nodded - Her jealousy can serious kill me if I wouldn't be strongly in love with the sultan and he wouldn't protecting me all the time.

- That's nice - Gregorio said sarcastically.

- Yeah, I know.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later we met up with Pablo and I took them to my room where they could meet Ludmi too and they all were really happy to see each other which made me happy to see too.

While they were talking I sat in the back and just looked at them until the point where Ludmilla mentioned me in their conversation.

- And thanks to Angie I'm in a pretty good place right now - she said as she smiled at me.

Pablo looked at me for a few seconds then he surprisingly smiled too and after they finished he came to sit next to me.

- I know I've been really mean, but... It hurts to see you in love with someone else, you know...

- I bet... I'm really sorry... - I looked down as I said that, but he lifted my chin up and looked into my eyes.

- Forget it... This happened and we can't do anything against it... But don't upset yourself... I'll survive this short time while I'm here.

- Why did you came here at the first place?

- At the very first place to find you... And to work here as a painter too, but they're giving me job as a musician for now.

- I see...

- Well... Atleast I can see you're fine... This means more than anything to me - he smiled and this almost made me cry.

- Thank you... - I smiled weakly back at him.

- And I'll try my best to not to tell anyone about our earlier relationship... Because I heard from Gregorio about Mahidevran sultana. So don't worry...

- Thank you, Pablo - I smiled as I hugged him tightly.