Chapter 83

Me and Beto headed inside the palace to find Gregorio first as I was pretty sure that Ludmi is with Mustafa at this moment.

When we were inside we went right to where Gregorio's room was and there we heard shouting from the inside.

- Good god, not again... - I sighed as we went in to see him and Sümbül arguing about something, but no one knows what - What the hell are you two shouting about?! - now I shouted and they both turned to me right away.

I could see Gregorio was about to explain what's going on when he recognized Beto.

- Eh?! Beto?!! - he gasped.

- Gregorio!! - Beto screamed and went to hug him very tightly.

Meanwhile Sümbül left the room so we were left alone in peace to talk.

It was so weird to see Gregorio so happy to see Beto as he was always do annoyed at Beto all the time whenever he was interrupting him back then.

----- TIME SKIP -----

A few hours later I've been in my room when suddenly Aybige came in and she seemed like she has been crying.

- Hey... What's wrong? - I asked - Have you been crying? Did Bali Bey hurt you?

- No, no... - she sobbed as she sat down next to me - He didn't do anything wrong...

- Then what is it? The valide didn't let you go home?

The war in Aybige's home finished and her dad was already safe so basically she could leave the palace anytime now and I know she told me that she's going to ask the sultan's permission to leave.

- Yeah... - she muttered.

- But why?!

She was shaking and she almost burst out crying again so I pulled her into a hug and hugged her until she felt better and soon she even told me the real problem which shocked me the most.

- The valide wants me and Mustafa to get married... - she finally said it and I got totally frozen.

- What?! Why?!!

Oh wait... Of course she wants that so Mustafa will have a better chance to be the next sultan. His power is going to grow if he gets married to a princess. But are they even thinking about his and Aybige's feelings?

- Oh... - I sighed - They're only thinking about themselves and no one else...

Aybige didn't say anything.

- And what did Mustafa say?

- The same as me. That he needs to think about this first - she replied.

- I see... So that's good because we can still hope that he will say no so this marriage won't happen.

- I don't know... He's the oldest prince after all and he also knows everything that can be useful in his case...

- Don't lose hope just yet! - I smiled - I know that both you and him are in love with someone else so I don't think he'll agree to this marriage.

- We'll see... - she sighed.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later that day I went to visit German to talk about this marriage thing.

- I heard about that too - he said - And I support this idea, but only if both Aybige and Mustafa agree to it.

- I see...

That's a relief as either of them are going to agree... Hopefully?

- You really are worried about them, aren't you? - he smiled.

- I do because I know that Mustafa is in love with someone else and so is Aybige...

- Aybige?

- Oh! I uhm... I don't know who, but I can see that in her eyes... I know how a woman that is in love look...

- I'm sure you do - German smirked then as he came to sit next to me on the bed - You're too kind, you know that?

- Huh?

- I mean... Mustafa is already an adult and he knows what he should do... And Aybige too.

Exactly this is why I'm worried...