Chapter 142

The following day I started getting ready for my leaving by making sure that someone is looking after the harem.

I was thinking about whom should I choose to help me out when suddenly Maria stormed into my room.

- Is it true?! - she asked.

- That depends on what are you talking about right now.

- That you're leaving!

- Yes, I'm indeed planning to leave for a while. Why do you ask??

- You're the valide! You can't leave!

- I've already talked about it with the sultan and he didn't say no to it... So I'm going.

- Angie!

- Listen to me now! - I hissed as I went closer to her - Don't you dare try to tell me what to do! You're nothing to me anymore! You chose to betray me instead of taking my side! But you know what?! How about you take my place while I'm away?!

- What? I can't be the valide...

- Oh, I believe you can be! Soon you'll be anyway because the sultan currently cares about you more than me and I might be thrown out soon! Who knows?! - I said, really angrily then I grabbed her arm hard - You're coming with me!

- Ouch! Where?!

- To the sultan!

- Why?!

- We need to tell him who's taking my place after all! Or I don't know if he wants to choose the person, or what!

----- TIME SKIP -----

German's POV:

I was sitting in my room, working on some papers when Angie stormed in with Maria and both seemed really upset...

- Huh?

- Sultan Süleyman! - said Angie coldly - She's going to take my place while I'm away!

- Huh? So you still didn't change your mind...

- Of course I didn't! Why would I?! You don't need me anyway...

- I...

- Don't even try! I'm leaving as soon as possible and if you'd also leave to a war while I'm off please send me a letter so I can come back.

- I will... - I muttered as I couldn't say anything else.

- Now... - she took a deep breath and bowed - I'm going...

And with that she stormed out, Maria after her.

Angie's POV:

- Angie, wait! - Maria shouted after me while I was heading back to my room - Angie!

- What?!

- Why do you do this to him too?! I understand that you hate me, but what about him?? He loves you!

- He loves you and not me - I groaned - And I'm going, like it, or not!

And with that I closed my room's door in front of her, not wanting to talk any longer.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Soon it was my time to leave the palace.

Mustafa was waiting for me outside for some reason and when I was heading out I bumped into Mahidevran.

- I hope you're happy now - I hissed - I'm never going to let you organize anything anymore.

- Calm down - she groaned - I'm actually looking for Mustafa.

- Huh? Did he call you too?

- Yes.

- He told me he's waiting for me outside so I'm guessing we need to go there.

- Fine... If I don't have any other choice - Mahidevran groaned as we both headed out to the garden and soon found Mustafa there as well.

- Ah! Here you both are! - he said - Glad you came together!

- What is that supposed to mean, son? - Mahidevran asked him.

- Easy. Since you both are going to come with us tomorrow to Edirne I want you to get along normally... Atleast for a while.

- What?! - we both gasped.

- There's no way I'm gonna be friends with this witch for a minute! - said Mahidevran.

- You have to. Otherwise you're staying here then - replied Mustafa simply.

- What?! You can't do that to me!

- I wouldn't mind a little peace between us... For a while... - I mumbled.

- See? Hürrem's willing to do that! Then why can't you do it? - Mustafa asked his mother who seemed to be really thinking about this.

- Fine - she finally said - But only for the time while we're in Edirne.

- Okay, good! - Mustafa smiled as he pulled both of us into a hug.

Both me and Mahidevran just looked each other, confused, but then I just couldn't help smiling at this...

This few months are going to be interesting...