Chapter 127

The next 6 months went through pretty nicely as I had Maria on my side which made me the happiest person alive in the palace.

Mahidevran tried to break us apart all the time, but it's never really working because Maria never listens to what she says, or simply avoids her perfectly without making any trouble.

Also as Bali Bey came back from the village Vilu was keep being around him and trying to get his attention which is really cute, but he doesn't seem interested in her... But this is what I was guessing.

Vilu really should be caring more about Leonard who's always around her and helps her out so much at some things and they seem to slowly get along with each other.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Soon the time of another war soon and people were getting ready for that so pretty much everyone were busy, including me who has been getting everything ready as well and helping the men out.

- I don't want you to go, German... - I groaned as I hugged onto him once again when we were together in the evening.

- I have to... - he replied, kissing my head softly - I'll be back again soon... But I need to fix everything out there so no one will make trouble, you know...

- I know, I know... - I sighed as I looked down, but he lifted my chin up and kissed me on the lips softly.

- I'll send you letters every day... And I'll always think about you...

I couldn't even say anything to this, I just rested my head on his shoulder while he was hugging me and we were relaxing together like that...

It's not like what he said didn't make me happy... But my sons are going with him to this war now as well... I'm just worried about all them...

----- TIME SKIP -----

German's POV:

Last things are soon to be in place and if everything goes well we'll be leaving within 2 days...

Honestly... Sometimes I feel myself too old for this, but I need to show my sons how to do this... Mostly now that Mehmet, Selim and Bayezid are joining me to this was as well as Mustafa.

I decided to take a walk to the rose garden to relax and think a bit alone, but when I arrived there I was Maria standing there...

- Hello there - I greeted her which kinda made her jump since he didn't saw me coming.

- Ah! G-Good day... Sultan... Uhm...

- Don't get nervous! - I laughed - What were you doing here?

- I just... I just couldn't resist stopping here once... To look around in this beautiful garden...

- I'm glad you also like it.

- I love it! Roses are my favorite flowers... Just by looking at them makes me happy...

- I feel the same - I sighed, but I just couldn't take my eyes off of her for some reason.

After a while she noticed it too and she started blushing.

God... She looks totally like Angie right now.

- Uhm...

- Oh! Sorry! Did I really stare you like a creep? - I said jokingly - I'm really sorry!

- It's okay - she smiled - You're probably thinking about the upcoming war, huh?

- Yeah... That's true... But I'm not gonna bother you any longer - I sighed as I headed off quickly before this weird feelings makes me go crazy.