Chapter 144

The next morning everyone went back to their work while I went out got a walk after breakfast, but I didn't need to go that far to find Mustafa sitting on a nearby bench and seeming to be deep in thoughts.

- Good morning - I said as I arrived next to him.

- Ah... Uh... Good morning - he muttered.

- What's up? You look like you've seen a ghost - I joked, but he seemed pretty serious.

- I was just thinking - he sighed.

- Tell me about it - I smiled as I sat next to him - I might can help you...

- I heard Ludmilla and her friend talking about a guy, called Federico...

Oh, no...

- Federico...

- Do you know who's he?

- I do, I do... Well... I did... - I sighed - He was also my student back in my village... But I don't really know what happened to him.

- I don't care what happened to him as long as he's not coming here - Mustafa groaned - And... What relationship those two had? I mean him and...

- Ludmilla? Well...

- Be honest with me... Because I need to knowthe truth...

- They were in love for a long time... Before that incident happened... And there I don't know what happened to him, but I think he's dead too... Just as my father...

- Ludmilla was talking about him so... I don't know how to say it, but it made me jealous... Really jealous...

- You shouldn't be jealous - I smiled - I know she loves you now and only you...

Now Mustafa seemed to calm down as he smiled at me.

- I know...

- Sometimes I wish your father would care about me just as much as you care about Ludmilla... - I sighed deeply as I couldn't help feeling sad about this.

- Hey! - he snapped - Don't get sad again! I get you here to make you relaxed and don't think about him!

- I know, I know... - I sighed again - But your mother doesn't really do any help to me at all...

- Just bear with her. She'll be off soon.

----- TIME SKIP, AT THE PALACE -----

German's POV:

I'm still up and I can't sleep.

People are already asleep... Probably everyone and I don't know what to do with myself so I decided to go for a walk around.

As I was walking I couldn't help stopping by at Angie's room and since no agas were around I simply walked in to look around.

Everything's so nice here... Just as she likes it.

Everything's perfect here except one thing: That she isn't here...

The whole room is lovely, but at the same time so empty when she isn't here.

Even my life's empty without her... But she was the one wanting to leave! I know how stubborn she is! She wouldn't have changed her mind even for my sake... So yeah.

While I was looking around I bumped into a box that was filled with all the letter I've sent to her while I've been in wars and stuff like that and reading through them I soon realized how much I miss her...

----- TIME SKIP -----

- Sultan Süleyman! Here you are! - I suddenly hear Sümbül literally shouting at me and I realized that I'm laying in Angie's bed which is a bit awkward as she isn't even here.

- Calm down! Why are you shouting at me?! - I groaned at him - What time is it anyway?

- It's already morning, My lord! But... Are you okay?

- I feel like a mess, Sümbül... - I sighed as I sat up in the bed - But what's up? Anyone missed me?

- No. Well, yes... Ibrahim pasha was looking for you...

- Okay. I'll get back to my room, get changed and meet up with him - I mumbled, but I wasn't really paying attention to what I was actually saying as I headed back to my room...