TCH | 44 | The Frantic Duo

༺♰༻

"Will they really be alright by themselves?" Kurogiri asked in the dim lightening of their hideaway bar

"Will they really be alright by themselves?" Kurogiri asked in the dim lightening of their hideaway bar. Shigaraki and him didn't end up joining the rest of the league in the high stakes mission.

"Yeah. It's not my turn to be on stage right now." He sighed with his hands on a pile of cards. "They're enough by themselves... In other words, the game has changed." The villain eerily smiled. "Up until now, it was a role-playing game where we had all the equipment but challenged the last boss while still at level 1." He explained "I should've thought of it as a simulation game. I should be the player, using all the pieces I can to break through the higher ranks." Shigaraki smiled as a monastery business card fell into his pile of cards. "I need to put cracks into the superhuman society" he blankly stared at the fallen card. "The Vanguard Action Squad of the League of Villains, it doesn't matter if those guys succeed or fail. Just the fact they are there will scare the heroes." Shigaraki smiled.

"Are they just sacrificial pawns?" Kurogiri questioned.

"Don't be ridiculous. Do I look that heartless?" The bluenette retorted semi sarcastically." Their strength is real...even though they're all facing different directions. They're comrades I can count on. In a society bound by rules," Shigaraki sifted through the messy pile of cards, finally picking up two. "We're not the only ones being oppressed." He smiled while looking at the card of a monsterous Katsuki on the Sport festival podium and a possessed Ayato in the middle of his fight with Bakugo. "I'm praying for their success.

.

.

.

While Naganohara was quite invested in his hug with the young Kota, Midoriya could finally catch his breath. After a long arduous day of training, another long battle on top of that was not what his muscles needed. His body swayed in the midnight breeze and is looked like the teenager was going to collapse.

"Hey!" Kota noticed and ran up to the greenette.

"It's okay." Midoriya got his footing. "There's still something we have to do." He spoke breathily.

"You're all beat up! What do you still have to do?" The five year old argued.

"I knew that he would defend against it, but that's also why we had to attack." Midoriya's body trembled.

"Broccoli?" Ayato muttered, taking in the boy's less than ideal state.

"He was a much stronger villain than I thought he was." Midoriya looked down at his feet. "If all the villains from this night attack are this strong, then everyone is in danger." Midoriya explained. "On top of that, they might be after us students. We have to let Aizawa and the Pussycats know about that." The boy stood up as straight as he could staring into the determined ruby eyes of his friend. "If we can save someone by moving, then we have to move, right?" He asked and received not just one, but two firm nods in affirmation.