TCH |23| Ashido vs Naganohara

(Pretend the laser is actually fire)

"We're gonna keep on going, here's the fifth match! With the mysterious quirk that just keeps on giving, Naganohara Ayato from the Hero's course!" Present mic announced as Ayato smirked and held up a peace sign. "Versus... is something going to come out of those horns? Well? From the hero course as well, Ashido Mina!"

"Hehe, my first match will be a piece of cake!" The pinkette taunted.

"I could say the same to you, Pinky..." the duo haired kid stuck his tongue out.

.

.

.

"Mina, you can do it!" Tsu cheered from the stands.

"Ayato you can beat her! Beat her like in those fighting games where their clothes get ripped off!" Mineta yelled boldly into the stadium.

"What are you? Scum?"

"A match between Naganohara and Ashido." Midoriya began as he flipped through his hero notes. "Considering their quirks, they could probably both attack from a distance, one with acid and the other with both flames and monsters... the match will only be decided by how well the other can dodge and change the tides to close combat." He said before looking up at the two competitors, one consistently teasing the other as the other hides their darkened face away. "But there's nothing to use as cover on the stage, so who really is at the disadvantage..." he wondered.

.

.

.

"You got this Ayato! Crush her!" Amai and Anais yelled from the stands as Kaede decided to join them.

"You better win this sweetie! I believe in you!" She screamed before send a heart signal in his direction. He saluted back to her before blowing a kiss her way.

"Damn, I wish I had that relationship with my parents" Shima groaned while watching the encounter.

.

.

.

"Now, why don't we get moving? Fifth Match start!" Mic announced.

"Try not to take it easy," Naganohara smirked before sending a wave of blue fire in her direction. Ashido responded with a quick jump before using her acid to gain speed. She circled the boy like a hungry shark waiting for an opening to get closer.

"Even though you're supposed to be top of the class, people don't know much about your quirk huh?" She conversed while dodging the boy's fire balls.

"It's still a mystery to myself" the boy sighed before sprinting after the skating girl. Obviously shooting from a stationary position wasn't going to work.

"And that's where we are different, I know my quirk" the girl shouted before coming to a graceful stop that shot acid all around the arena including all over Ayato which halted his sprint.

"Damn, her acid really hurts. I gotta keep her attacks to a minimum though" the boy groaned as he watched parts of his skin burn off.

"Hey Naganohara standing still is going to cost ya!" The girl smirked as she upcut the unsuspecting boy. The force wasn't enough to send him outside the arena but it was enough to launch him off his feet. As the boy centered himself on the ground, he got his head back into the game.

"Ah, that was a really solid punch" the boy groaned before a horde of coal tars swarmed out of him. "Too bad this must come to an end!" He shouted before encompassing the pink Alien in the amalgamation.

"Woah! I thought these guys were harmless!" She started to panic as she was lifted closer to the edge. As the girl drifted closer to the edge, she felt her body start to heat up.

"Oh they are harmless, just don't breathe them in" he smirked as the girl used her hands to cover her nose and mouth.

"Why are they burning me?!" She asked through his muffled shouts.

"One word: fire" he deviously smiled as the tars all went up in flames and the girl was blasted out of the arena with small flames sticking to her uniform and hair. "Wow! Coal tar bombs actually pack a punch!" Ayato stood inside the arena amazed"

"Ashido is out of bounds! Naganohara advances to the second round!" Midnight signaled the end of the match.

"Ashido was knocked out of bounds! Naganohara's victory is indisputable!" Mic exclaimed as Ayato didn't look up into the crowd. He kept his head down as more of the white in his hair started to fade to black. His bangs covered the majority of his face, but if one thing is certain the boy was smirking.

.

.

.

"Mina put up a good fight, but Naganohara was amazing!" Tsu stated before listening to Mineta's qualms.

"Even with Ayato's fire, her clothes stayed on..." he whined while shaking vigorously.

"The match unfolded almost how I expected, however I still can't calculate Naganohara's physical strength." Midoriya muttered while writing in his sketchbook."It also seems like the more Naganohara uses his quirk, the more his hair color changes. Is that his sign of overuse? Maybe one of his monsters are possessing him?" He questioned "Ashido also did well and I underestimated her physical strength. Even during the quirk assessment tests, she placed top ten out of everyone, including the boys. It wasn't because of her quirk—she's got excellent physical abilities."

.

.

.

"Hey you did good out there!" Mina said as she approached the boy who was walking into the tunnels. She didn't receive a reply back from him, but he did give her a head nod before swiping away the remnant flames attached to her body. "Oh thanks for that!" She exclaimed before stopping the boy in his tracks. "What's going on with you?" She questioned looking at the boy's fringe that covered the majority of his face. They stood there for a good couple of minutes before Naganohara even came back to consciousness.

"Now, we've got no time to lose! Let's move on to the sixth match!" Mic announced.

"Why are we still in the tunnels?" He questioned as he finally looked Mina in her eyes.

"Is there something going on, Naganohara? You seem really out of it" she worriedly asked. "What's also going on with your hair?! It used to be a pristine white and it's almost all gone."

"I feel fine, there's nothing going on with me" the boy laughed before continuing down the hall back to their seats.

"You don't want to see Recovery Girl?" She asked

"What for?" He genuinely asked

"My acid? You're going to pretend it didn't burn you!" She was shocked before the now almost ravenette showed her his arms and face. They were completely fine almost as if they were never touched with acid in the first place.

"Like I said I feel fine, Ashido. Let's head back to see the other matches" he calmly smiled as he led the two of them back.