Chapter 27: Do you recognise me?

(The next morning)

Allysa's dad was working on his laptop in early morning and her mom was doing her usual working out routine when Allysa woke up. She shouted a big cheerful 'Good Morning!' and waved her hand with big smile like she does every morning. Allysa's mom was doing squats so her 'Good Morning' was barely audible and dad ignored Allysa. Allysa sighed and went forward to continue her morning routine. She brushed her teeth and hair, went for a short shower and dressed up in her school uniform.
*
Allysa's mother: Sweetie! Come here for breakfast!

Her mother laid out sandwiches and a lemonade on the dining table. When Allysa sat on the chair, her mother gave her a knowing sign. Allysa immediately knew it was about apologizing dad. Her dad was sitting infront of her with his laptop. She sighed and said

Allysa: Dad, I'm sorry for misbehaving with you earlier.
Dad: About what?
Allysa: About misbehaving with you earlier.
Dad: Do you recognise me now? You recognise me now when you need me to drop you off at school?
Allysa: Well, I was just not in a good mood that time because you were so late. Can you see this tan lining over my skin? My skin is now almost in olive shade because of standing under th scorching sun for more than 30 minutes. I was dripping in sweat.
Dad: So what? You really value your beauty more than my respect, don't you?
Allysa: And dad, you really value about your respect more than my dignity and health. I guess we are equal now.
Dad: You don't know me, right? So go away! Go to school by yourself! If you can't then stop blaming me. And I very well know you can't do that.
Allysa: Don't think so high of yourself, dad. I got the same genes as you, they say I'm dad's daughter. I also have that same ego as you and the same will to break someone's bad expectations. I have that same stubbornness as you. Don't forget that you've raised a female version of yourself which is no less competitive than you.

Allysa grabbed her bag and wore her shoes which were outside the door.

Allysa: You don't have to pick me. Stacy will drop me to home, she respects my dignity and cares about my health atleast. I will say the security guard about this so that he would allow me out of the gate, even when he doesn't see you. You can hide inside home if you are so embarrassed to face the school campus because of me. Please don't come, otherwise they will talk behind our back saying, 'OMG, Isn't he that father who forgot her daughter and was insulted by his daughter.'

Saying this Allysa left. It was 7:10 am. If she walks continuously then she can make it to school by maximum 7:35 am. The school opening hours for her batch is 7:30 am.

McDonald's comes in way to her school. When she crossed McDonald's she heard someone calling out her name...it is her mom riding a scooty. She already covered 80% of her total distance to school.

Mom: Come and jump on the backseat! We have to hurry!

Allysa ignored her but her mom started shouting at her over there, creating an embarrassing situation so she sat behind her mom, holding her waist and she dropped her near the school gate.

Mom: Me or your dad will pick you. No need to disturb Stacy.
*
I don't need to depend on you for everything.
*