Chapter 16: Waffles won't work

(The next day at school, during breakfast break)

Today Austin cooked breakfast for Allysa. Waffles with maple syrup and blueberries. He read an article on internet stating that waffles with blue berries as breakfast is a romantic way to make up with your girlfriend. He truly enjoyed the pancakes made by Allysa. Not because of the ingredients used, but because of how it was made of so much love and how it was carefully handled. He wanted Allysa to feel the same way for his waffles. It is a tough job but he's willing to do this because he wants his old Allysa back, that shy Allysa who ran away when he proposed her. That foodie Allysa who ate his lunch with complete relish. That mature Allysa who waited for him even though he was late.

Little did he knew that he erased his name from Allysa's heart by abusing her.

*
Austin walked towards Allysa's table where she was sitting with her other three friends.

Austin: Hey Allysa!
Allysa: Yes (turned and looked at him with her cold eyes saddening him but he ignored it)
Austin: Well I made you some waffles. Wanna try?

Allysa didn't replied and continued eating her plate in silence. Nikita gave him a death glare and scoffed. An abuser trying to be romantic? This seemed absurd to her.

Sheden: You made them? Let me try! (She reached out her hands towards his lunch box but..)
Austin: HEY! Don't you dare to touch something I made with efforts, especially for someone who isn't you.

Austin screamed so loud that the whole cafeteria became silent and everyone started staring at Allysa and her group's bench. Being embarrassed by the situation, Stacy screamed 'Sorry' and everyone went back to their business. Austin just stood there, gulping his saliva out of nervousness with a pink face which indicated he was stressed by the situation.

Austin: You know I can change myself for you. I know I messed up big this time. First I wasn't giving my efforts in the relationship and that reason was big enough for you to leave me. And now that I started showing my love to you, it is becoming addictive. I can love you for the whole day without being bored. I can appreciate your beauty and personality without stopping for a second. But because you're so addictive I couldn't bear not working with you in the exhibition.
Nikita: Boy, you're a teenager, behave like one!
Austin: But I can't control my emotions.
Nikita: That's your problem, why trouble us with that by hurting Allysa.

This is exhausting. It's killing her. The fire between her friends and her love, it's too much to take in. Why can't things go back to normal? Why can't time pause and rewind those moments when it was all okay and felt like a teenage dream?

Allysa's thought: Do I need to put an end to this? Can't I accept his waffles and give him another chance? No Allysa, you shouldn't give him anymore chance. There's a limit to things and you shouldn't keep things limitless for one person, that would be unfair and against the law of nature. Don't you remember what you Father said? If you're personally damaged by a person then it's not love, it's obsession. I'm not obsessed with him. And he will probably struggle a lot being with me as well. We are the two opposite sides of pole who can never meet because the equator won't let us to. I need to be fair with myself and him, I should let him go. It's a learning, not a loss. Remember what your father said, I never loose, I either win or learn.

After coming out from her deep thoughts, Allysa interrupted Austin and Nikita's conflict by saying

Allysa: Austin, let's break up.

*
Allysa, I wish you gave me one more chance.
*
No I can't, it would be injustice to give you several chances. You broke your limits, you broke my heart, and you can't join it back. It's me who can help myself stand up.
*