Chapter 13: Why me?

(At school, during Maths class)

Mr Graham: Kids you know that we have exhibition tomorrow, right? Today is the final day where you get to prepare at school. Utilise these 50 mins of the class carefully.
Kids: YESSIR!

*
Here in Allysa's group, a so-called serious group was sitting. Allysa was drawing the final sketch of the model and labelling it. Sheden, Austin and Aron were chatting. Sheden helped the group by preparing chart papers. Allysa said that she will prepare the model, the reason is that she doesn't trust the boys with anything and Sheden have already done a lot for the group.

Austin: Aron, did you hear that? Stacy's group is already finished with my sponsor. Haha. Seems like I gotta give them few more bucks.
Aron: Why tho?
Austin: I see a potential in that group, and I want to support that. Also because it's my friend who is the leader over there.
Sheden: And what about your other friend who is a leader here? I see a lot of potential in this group. The foundation is strong, but unfortunately the ceiling doesn't want to stay.
Austin: Don't give me your nonsense, duh. An agricultural based project? Seems lame to me. I only joined here because you all are my friends. I ain't interested in the project.
Aron: I know right, I really don't like this project but the loss of maths classes due to this. Atleast the maths classes are being cancelled.

Allysa wasn't really hearing them. She was inside her own little comfort zone. Sitting like L from death note, she was busy pouring out her ideas on the sheet of paper. After finishing the sketch, she showed it to the team and explained for the 8th time that day about how it functions. She then asked each member to explain everything. Sheden answered but not really well. It was okay ish but she didn't had to know the answer, since she is the resource person and only needs to give things. It's nice of her to understand the whole thing. Aron explained with continuous hints by Sheden. Austin just stared at Allysa's face when she asked him to explain.

Austin: Your hair looks smooth.
Allysa: Answer my question first, how does this sensor works?
Austin: My sensors work by scanning your face and you're perfect.
Allysa: Austin, we are doing something really serious. Don't be a kid and answer me. Don't worry, I will explain thousands of times till you don't understand.
Austin: If I can get to stay with you for hours then I'm ready. So yes ma'am, what's the whole thing?

Allysa was just annoyed by this childish behaviour. He is really doing nothing. Exhibitions are really important for Allysa, but seems like Austin takes them for granted.

'How will I manage things tomorrow? I need to be mentally ready to fail. Atleast I tried my best. Why me?' thought Allysa.

*

(Next day at school)

Allysa prepared the model overnight with her mom's help. She brought rice grains along so that she could show a demo to visitors. Checking the table set up and stuff, she carefully placed the model. It wasn't an expensive model like Stacy's. Infact it was made up of only cardboard boxes. Stacy's team bought a great model which worked with electricity but it was not hand - made.

Allysa: So guys you know what you will say, right?
Austin: Miss! What about your thousands of explanations? I want them.

*
Why me?
*