Chapter 28: Painful memories

(At school)
Allysa wished her class teacher good morning and sat beside Stacy.
Stacy: Wassup?
Allysa: Nothing much, just coming after making a mess at home.
Stacy: So, What happened?
Allysa: Remember I called you yesterday and said that my dad was extremely late to pick me from school? Just a controversy which took place on that topic. No one of us is ready to apologise and I tried saying sorry to him, however he won't take it.
Stacy: So how are you going home today if you dad won't come? Need my car?
Allysa: Nope, I was considering that but my mom said she or dad will come to pick me.
Stacy: Alright then.
*
(During English period)
Miss Yamin: So, Answer to ques-

Interrupt Miss Yamin, the vocal teacher came inside to make an announcement. His name is Hudson.

Hudson Sir: Excuse me ma'am, sorry for the interruption but can I make an announcement?
Miss Yamin: Sure sir, take your time.
Hudson: Alright, so children you might know about the upcoming annual function. We have selected two musicians from this class for music performance part. Patrick as keyboardist and...Allysa as main pianist and lead of keyboard section. You both need to come over to your respective music lab, or piano lab for practice when dance practice time for rest.
Patrick: Yes sir!
Allysa: Sir! Did Nolan sir choose us?
Hudson sir: Yes, as he's the piano and keyboard teacher so of course he got to choose the keyboard and piano players. There are total...8 keyboardist and you as pianist and lead keyboardist.
*
(During lunch break)
Stacy: So my child is finally getting the chance to perform on stage?
Allysa: Yeah! It's my first time yet they chose me as the lead player!
Nikita: Piano sir really have a soft spot for you.
Sheden: It must be good, remember you were absent during the music competition. He was frantically finding you, he and other players were confirmed that you will get the 1st position but you never came.
Allysa: I vomitted in car, I was half way to school and my dad said not to go. (In a really low and sad tone)
Stacy: Sheden, don't you think that's too painful as a memory to remind someone? Please don't repeat it again.
Sheden: Yes I know, I was just saying her that it is a great time to overcome that regret-
Allysa: Alright guys, I'm done. I will be going. We have 15 minutes more so I'll be there in piano lab to talk with Nolan Sir regarding piano performance. Don't look for me and go straight to class.

Saying this Allysa ate the last bit of rice on her plate really quickly and left from the bench. After giving away the plate to cleaning team and washing her hands, she ran upstairs. Cafeteria was underground and piano lab is in ground floor, a block next to the block with cafeteria. When Allysa came inside piano lab, there was no one. And she knew that very well. She knew that there were no classes during their lunch period and piano sir stays in the drum lab during that time. She just wanted to be near the piano, away from everyone.

She sat blankly infront of the Grande piano, someone who doesn't mind her unexpected and uninvited presence. Someone who is ready to hear her vent anytime. At first she didn't play at all. She just stared blankly and started tearing up. Some memories are indeed better forgotten and not reminded, they are way too painful. She remembered that day, one of the most painful day of the year of her life. Infact the day when she cried the most. When she cried for hours. And she still does when she is reminded of that memory. A memory which sinked deep inside her heart and isn't ready to let go anytime. A memory which has endless tears to vent out no matter how much time have gone. A memory which still feels fresh and can't be bought by past. She took a deep breath and replayed that day and placed her hand on the piano, displaying the painful scene in a strangely bittersweet melody.

Allysa slept with difficulty the night before music competition. She was selected for finals almost immediately. Every other pianist praised her and said that even though they are competing with her, they respect her and the fact and it's already confirmed that she will get first prize. She was not only playing piano, she was going to sing along with that too, it was unique. No one thought of singing along with an instrument. She was worried as well, because she had sore throat and it was painful to sing in right note with that condition, but she was ready to face the pain and sing out her heart.

She woke up really early the next day. She was smiling the whole day. Smiling while taking a shower, smiling while having her breakfast. She had corn flakes with milk for breakfast. Her mom asked her what's so special but she just chuckled and replied that it's her day today and she's the star of the day. A weird yet exciting sensation of butterflies in her stomach was lingering around, with a healthy amount of confidence and a tint of nervousness.

After having her breakfast, she dashed downstairs and then near the car. The driver was ready in his seat and Allysa's dad has difficulty reaching Allysa's pace but he managed to catch up with her. They sat inside the car. When the car engine started, Allysa was completely sure that now the whole world can't stop her from having this day. She was sickly anticipated for the day. Will she win the heart of audience? Will she make Nolan sir proud of her? Having such thoughts, the car ride of 5 minutes felt extremely long.

When they were near the school halfway, Allysa felt nauseous. She ignored that because she thought that it must be due to her excitement. It didn't stop. She was feeling extremely nauseous now. She tried to ignore it the best she can. No, she can't let a simple vomit ruin her day!

Seems like world doesn't want her happy. She vomitted inside the car and was taken back to home. She begged her dad to let her change her skirt and come back but he won't take a word. He said she should rest.

Yeah she took a long rest of 5 hours, where she cried for 4 hours... This is the worst thing ever!!

The next day, everybody asked her where she was and why did she disappeared. They just made her condition worse.

Allysa was banging a completely depressed piece on piano by now. She was crying badly. Her eyes were puffed up and leaking real painful water and fingers were red of banging the heavy keys.
*
If you're a musician, then be prepared to face pain.
*