Chapter 40: Where's my date?

Sound mic tests for every instrument was over. It was the time for rehearsal so after keyboard sound test everybody immediately settled in their respective place and position. Allysa never got a chance to confront with Seom, she assumed she won't get the chance for the whole day because they will have rehearsals and then directly lunch after which the programme will start. And after the programme is ended, parents will start dispersing with their kids.

Allysa was standing in the front, her piano was connected to chord no. 1 which was connected to few more chords before having an indirect connection with the speaker. Right behind her was Seom. The stage was having a step at the back so everyone's face was visible, standing behind wasn't an issue here.

Rehearsals in stage was quite different than the rehearsals in music lab, everything sounded different, in a bad way. The drums lost their sense of aggressiveness, every beat sounded like soft knocks on a door. The music was sparsely audible in the stage itself, every student was concerned whether it will be audible to the audience sitting 50-100 meters away from them. But the music teachers confronted the students that it will be audible to the audience properly because there's another speaker near the audience seats. Rehearsals ended that way, in tension and dissatisfaction.
*
(Lunch period)

Allysa was walking by herself when she felt someone grabbing her shoulders...it was Seom.

Seom: Are your fingers okay? I noticed that you were wincing many times during the rehearsal.
Allysa: Huh? Yes it's fine. I'm good. By the way, whatever happened befo-
Seom: Forget about Ethan's words. We are better off as friends.
Allysa: I mean I als-
Seom: Please don't unfriend me, I don't want this small feeling of mine to be an obstacle. I know you don't like me but don't stop me from liking you, that's upto me.
Allysa: Will you listen to-
Seom: Please don't say that you won't talk to me anymore. I'll try my best to get rid of these feelings. It isn't serious, you see, they are just minor celebrity crush type feelings. You're my celebrity.
Allysa: STOP IT! LISTEN TO MY WORDS!
Seom: Oh sorry.
Allysa: Do you want to give it a go?
Seom: W-what?
Allysa: I mean I also have feelings for you. After my break up you were the guy who made me feel comfortable.
Seom: So, shall we-

Stacy: ALLYSA!!! WE'RE HERE!!!!

Yes, Stacy interrupted a life changing moment between Seom and Allysa. They were interrupted, again. Nikita was with Stacy as well.

Seom was scared like hell by sudden screeching sound of Stacy. He whispered to himself, "I already dislike her friends". Stacy and Nikita hugged Allysa tightly like there's no tomorrow. Allysa awkwardly patted their back.

Seom: Karera wa darena no??
Nikita: What?
Seom: Sorry, Japanese spilled through my mouth-
Allysa: Karera wa watashinoto modachidesu, don't worry.
Seom: What? You know Japanese?
Allysa: I learnt a bit from watching anime.
Stacy: What are you guys buzzing about? Talk in English.
Allysa: Well he asked 'Who are they?' referring to you both. I replied 'They are my friends, don't worry'.
Stacy: But who are you? Why are you with Allysa?
Seom: Well I'm her frie-
Allysa: He's my date.
*
If you know where things will end up, better not waste time and move forward!
*