Chapter 32: Distributing work

(The next day, during music class)

Well, today they had music class and annual function practice as well so this was like 2 times practice for Allysa and Patrick.

Nolan: Well let me just confirm your positions and what kind of performance is expected from you in the annual day performance, we will discuss this for the whole class today and then you can go back to your classroom and get a break before you come here again.

Everything straightened their back after hearing this alerting news. It was Allysa who was sitting in a sulky position with her back bend. As if she wasn't interested in the whole thing. Nolan gave her a stare and went on with his plan for the annual day. Not all selected players were present and they didn't have music class in their schedule but they were called over.

Nolan: You guys will have 8th graders working with you. There will be total four 8th graders and five 9th graders. I have called the other kids over here as well, you guys can meet up later on. They're coming soon. So there will be maximum 9 keyboardist, those who will perform bad will be thrown out from this group. Anyone who doesn't want to work?

To that question, everyone shaked their head vigorously and said a loud and clear 'NO'. Allysa didn't respond. Nolan sighed to this unresponsive behaviour of Allysa. He is noticing such signs by her since the day he saw her crying.

Nolan: Alright so we got Allysa as lead keyboardist and pianist over here. Other 11th grader guy named Ryder was going to be the lead as he is the most experienced pianist in school but he didn't agree to miss his classes for practice so he is eliminated. Allysa will handle his part, I believe that she is capable of doing that.

Hearing this, Patrick turned his head towards Allysa and gave her an annoying and ugly tactician look. This indicates that his mind is working on proving himself better than Allysa infront of Nolan sir. By using some not-so-good tactics. He's 14 but he already reached that rage of jealousy where he's burning due to that.

Nolan: We will have Patrick playing the French horn in keyboard and his partner will be Ethan. He will also play the horn.

Patrick felt bad by this decision. He? A keyboardist with a position not even as a back up player? Sounds unfair.

Nolan: Two 8th graders will play the strings on keyboard and other two will play flute. Seom from 9th grade will play the body backup, teammate of Allysa. And Vanas from 9th grade will play the strings with the strings player. Got it?

Everyone said a powerful 'Yes Sir!' except Allysa. She was sitting lifeless and still, staring blankly at everyone. No one could tell what exactly was going on within her. Nolan of course noticed everything. She is his centre of attention and that centre isn't hyper now. Class seems weird to few students. Because it's only Patrick and Allysa who are attentive and hold conversations.
*
I don't know if I'm grateful, it feels like everything I need is on the ground.
*