Chapter 33: Venting out

(The same day)
It was break time now. The music period was over and as Nolan promised, the students went to take a break. Allysa was still in that same position. Patrick sat up from his seat, ready to leave the small space of piano lab. He saw Allysa not moving at all, just staring blankly towards the piano. 'Is it hard for her to digest her position?', that's what he thought. He went towards her and grabbed her elbow, in a way trying to pick her from her seat. Allysa came back to reality and pulled her elbow from Patrick. It was normal for them to push and pull each other with the sole purpose of annoying, they were rivals since grade 6 after all. By now, it was only Patrick, Allysa and Nolan in the room.

Allysa: What's wrong with you?
Patrick: Wrong with me? Won't you leave that seat of yours?
Allysa: I'm not in the mood to climb up the stairs and go back to the classroom only to return back.
Patrick: Are you sure?
Allysa: Just leave me alone.
Patrick: Are you sure?
Allysa: You're annoying me now!!

Nolan chuckled hearing their bickerings. It feels good to know that they still have that childish side in them even after 3 years.

Nolan: You should leave, Patrick. Never question a girl about her decisions, especially a stubborn girl like Allysa.

Patrick laughed as a response. He went out of the piano lab but not before flicking Allysa's head.

Now the room was filled with the loud noise of Allysa's stillness and Nolan's worries. Nolan switched off his laptop, where he was working on the annual day music. He stood up, walked out of his tight sitting arrangement, grabbed one of those chair where students seat and sat beside Allysa.

Nolan: Tell me, what happened?
Allysa: Pardon, sir?
Nolan: Why so quiet today? Why not the usual hyper side?
Allysa: Sir, maybe the mood swings.
Nolan: Ah yes I know that. Mood swings are the results, I'm asking about the cause of those mood swings.

Allysa couldn't hide it this time. She remembers the day when she missed her performance of music competition, she remember crying for 4 hours after coming back home but not telling her mom anything even after showing her vulnerable side. She did shared these things with Nikita and Stacy but she never shared her true feelings and thoughts about the situation to anyone. She is strong but every heart has a limit, it is bound to leak out at a point.

Allysa: It's about the Music performance. I thought it was my day.
Nolan: So it's about the regret of not even getting to try?
Allysa: Something like that.
Nolan: See, these painful days are made to build you more strong for future. I may look tough but there are days when I go to that nearby washroom and cry silently. No one is made of steel heart, so first thing which you should know is that never try bottling up things within you for long. You should never let go of those people who find out that you're not okay without you telling them that you're broken, and I found that you were not okay so.... However, bad memories, just like milk, spoil and become harmful if left undisturbed for long. If you are facing such painful days, it means that you have a really brutal day out there in future waiting to kill you from inside. These painful days prepare you and make you strong so that the brutal days of future won't kill you. If one never faces these painful days then they will die when they face that toughest day of their life.

That's it, tears started brimming out of those deer doe eyes. Those brown orbs were now shining painfully with the glaze of salty water. These days, the painful days, you need to build an empire out of the bricks that these painful days throw at you so that you'll remain safe when the cruelty of world is standing out of the gate, waiting to devour the remaining life inside of you. There was no need of sharing her feelings and thoughts about that day, it was as if Nolan knew what exactly was running inside her mind restlessly, something which even she couldn't realise.

Nolan: Anyways, is your music Album completed?
Allysa: I have composed all pieces, the recording part is left. I need to figure out how to do that and then I'm done!

Nolan chuckled at the sudden excitement in the voice of Allysa. She has a long way to go...

Nolan: Looking at how upset you became for months after missing the competition, I'm assured now that you genuinely want to become a Musician. You will go a long way, your stubbornness for music won't leave you without achieving the title of one of the finest musicians world ever had. I'm confident that I'm raising up a masterpiece. You must know by now that music is a really painful path, you see there are so many talented singers and instrumentalists in our school but only you had the courage to really opt for this path. Go wash you face now. Take a walk around corridors, talk with your friends and come back all refreshed. I don't want to see you sulking again.

*
Grievance is one of the worst form of pain, it just sucks out your energy.
*