Chapter 9: Science and Maths Exhibition

(Other day at school, Physics class)

Mrs Johnson: So children, as you know the school conducts an exhibition every year. It won't be any different this time so be prepared. Plan out your projects and prepare your synopsis. We already know the groups and it's according to your house color. Green house will be divided in two groups though because there are 9 green house members and it's a lot. 4 members in one group and 5 in other. Now you all decide amongst yourself who will be in whose group. Choose the leader, resource person and all.

Sheden: Allysa! Since we both are of green house let's stay together and choose two other people. How about Austin?
Allysa: No, not him. He isn't good in research works and projects and he isn't good in science, he will be a burden only.
Sheden: I hope you know what you're saying.
Allysa: Yes I know what I am saying.
Sheden: Then why did you agree to work with me?
Allysa: You're good with making decorative chart papers. And you can brows internet well and find some good information.
Sheden: I don't understand you, why won't you work with him? He is almost your boyfriend.
Allysa: Unlike most, I keep my personal and professional life separate. If he is a big part of my personal life doesn't means that he needs to be present and disturb my professional life.
Sheden: Are you saying that you don't love him?
Allysa: Yes I'm greedy, I like him but I don't want to work with him because he will bring us back from getting into finals. I have an idea for the project which has a lot of potential to be selected and I don't want to ruin that. I thought you understood me, Sheden.
Sheden: I mean I don't get this, did something happened in between you both? Are you both not dating anymore?
Allysa: We are still dating. If you don't like this decision then you can choose to not work with me. I have other good students who will surely understand this and work with me.
Sheden: I understand, I hope so I did. I will work with you.
Allysa: I request you not to see me as a friend when we are working.
Sheden: Yes I understand that.

*
Allysa and Sheden got two more volunteers who offered to be in their group, Phineas and Yeal. Phineas is scores really well in science and Yeal has great speaking skills with luxurious English. Allysa is good in creating new ideas and fun to work with, that's what Phineas said to join the tiny group of Allysa and Sheden. And as all girls were here, Yeal joined as well. The other green house group completely consisted of boys, including Austin of course. Allysa became the group leader.

*

(During dispersal time, at bus area)

Allysa: Hey why aren't you talking with me?
Austin: Uhm, yeah? I don't know...
Allysa: What do you mean? Come say me! What happened?
Austin: I am talking with you right! So why didn't you added me in your group? You know how much I will miss you.
Allysa: This is the exact reason. You are willing to join my group because I'm there, not because you're interested in Science project. I am pretty serious in such projects and I want members who will work seriously with me. Not those members who will stare at my face!
Austin: How much serious do you want me to be? I'm already talking whole 10 minutes with you! I cooked you food once! What else do you want?
Allysa: I mean what do you exactly mean? Okay let me tell it straight, You aren't a good option for group projects. That's it. Let me tell you this clear and wide because this rule is really important in my life, my personal and professional life is completely separated. How close you are with me in personal life won't affect my impression on you in professional life. I love you with my heart but I'm working with mind here. You're great as a potential partner but.... sadly not as a group member. Anyways I will be off to school camp for two days with Stacy. I will meet you next time at school in Friday, So bye!

*

On her way to dispersal gate, Allysa met Sheden and said her to explain the project plan to Phineas and Yeal. There was ample amount of time so there's nothing to worry about here.

*
(Friday, at School)

Sheden: Allysa! The opponent green house group shuffled few members. They took Phineas and Yeal!
Allysa: No way! Who all are in our group now?
Sheden: You, me, Aron and.... Austin.

*