Chapter 31: First day

(The next day at school)

During Math period, Hudson entered the class 9C and announced that the practice will start from that day. Allysa was excited and nervous at the same time. Patrick was just eyeing Allysa for the whole class and giving off a proud smile. As much as they dislike each other, they know that they will only be able give each other a companion in their music world. Allysa wants to become a full time musician and Patrick is aiming for becoming a journalist. However they both like music. It isn't safe to say that they are both serious and passionate for music. Although Patrick says that he is passionate for music, his level of seriousness and concentration doesn't show that. Yes, unlike Allysa he is there in the grade course. He is grade 4 player. Allysa is not in the grade course, she never knew the way inside music. No one said her that there's a special course for piano so she just let it be. She wants to join music through her writing anyways. Also the grade course doesn't offer much knowledge. She already figured out how to compose music by herself so she's all set.

The dance practice starts from third period and ends in fourth period, after which is their lunch. So when the whole school would be learning the dance choreography, few talented students will be staying back in their music lab, enjoying the silence of the school building.

After the Math period was over, children hurried towards the field. They were all happy about two periods being cancelled out for their practice. It was going to be a extravagant performance by the school, of course it should be. The whole country is going to watch this.
*
Nolan was waiting for his kids to enter the room. They were all newbies. They never performed in such a grand performance. He was worried about Allysa, this was her first performance and that too as a pianist in a grand occasion. She deserves this but he was worried about her mental health, he just saw her crying miserably yesterday. Is she okay? Also he had to inform Patrick that he recieved third prize in the music competition, the one where Allysa couldn't attend.
*
Patrick and Allysa entered the room with big smiles plastered on their faces. They wished him a 'Good Morning, sir' and he wished them back too.

Patrick: Sir, what all songs are we covering?
Nolan: For 10 days you won't be covering songs. You will be practising chords and notes. They are still being prepared.
Allysa: Well, that's good then.
Nolan: And by the way, Patrick, Congratulations! You received third prize in the music competition.

Listening this new, Allysa's heart shattered. She will have to deal with this topic for a while. She isn't jealous of Patrick but she is now confirmed that if a simple performance by Patrick can give him a third prize then she was capable to recieve a prize as well.
*
What a shame on first day.
*