Chapter 34: You lost a great guy

Everything changed now. Allysa skipped all classes for the music practice, same for Patrick and other students who were going to do the music performance. They stayed back at school till 4 pm. However, this day there was no music practice for Keyboard students since Nolan was absent and would come school at second half, after 12 pm. That means today the students would need to attend the regular classes.

This wasn't the best thing for Allysa, she loved the rehearsals and practice periods. It felt like music school because the only thing which she did at school was playing the piano and occasionally guiding the vocalists by singing. Unfortunately, today she would need to hear taunts from all the teachers for have incomplete work, not like it's her fault anyways. However a part of her was happy, she felt like she came back home, she came back 9C. She felt like she came back to her family, her Stacy, Nikita and Sheden. When she entered the classroom after nearly 3 weeks, a warm feeling engulfed her. We often forget the needs of familiar feelings and surroundings when we are busy constructing our dreams. It's funny how life demands certain things for certain situations. If you want to fly up in the sky then you won't feel the ground, your world. And if you want to stand back on ground then you can't touch the clouds, where your dreams lie.

While Stacy and Nikita were pleased by finally getting to see their kid out of that glassed room of piano lab, Sheden here was kind of disappointed. And it was valid, she is Austin's friend. Maybe she is Austin's friend more than she is Allysa's friend, or maybe she doesn't realise the intensity of sorrow between Allysa and Austin. This is because she decided to mention him.
*
(During lunch break)
The girls were talking about their crush life this time. Everyone was having their lunch except Allysa, because she was planning to go to piano lab early. It feels like they all moved on with ease from Allysa's break up, except one of them.

Stacy: Nikita? What about you?
Nikita: I don't like any guy. I mean I'm not interested in anyone but damn he looks so cute.
Stacy: He? Who?
Allysa: Someone who doesn't even knows her existence.
Nikita: He's Tom Holland.

Stacy choked to her answer.

Stacy: Hey! That's not a crush! That's a celebrity crush!
Nikita: Well, I mean he's handsome. What's wrong with that?
Allysa: Since we are on this topic of celebrity crush, who's your celebrity crush, Sheden?
Sheden: Who's yours?
Allysa: No one really because I look at celebrities and pop stars as my idols. No one's really my crush in this field, you see I'm preparing to go into that field. But Jack Dawson, Romeo or basically that young look of Leonardo DiCaprio is sort of my ideal type. Or Timothee Chalamet's deep and passionate aura.
Sheden: Austin looks better than them though and he's better than them.

Silence engulfed the table with these sentences. Not an awkward silence, but the silence which screamed disbelief.

Allysa: Maybe he did, and I was the wrong one who ended things. I know that. I was not the one for him and I know that. Neither was he for me.
Sheden: You lost a great guy, Allysa, you lost a great guy. He dearly loved you. He used to get jealous of me, because I spent more time with you than him. He used to say me how much he adored you, and his wish to carry you in his pocket so the world can't hurt you. He really loved you.
*
Maybe he loved me, but it's all about time. He was late to apologise and realise his mistakes.
*