Chapter 38: Jealousy

Weeks passed away and finally the performance day came. The music students were supposed to come school earlier than rest for having a quick breakfast and heading out for the venue in school bus for rehearsals. Ryder, the most experienced pianist in the school, accompanied them. Seom and Allysa were together the whole time. They had their breakfast together and also sat together in bus, Allysa sitting in the window side. Nolan and Hudson were sitting infront of them and Patrick and Ethan sat behind the pair. The bus engine started with an oddly comfortable vibration and the journey began. This almost felt like a field trip or as if everyone inside was a professional musician and they were heading out for their Orchestral performance.

Allysa slides the window from her side for fresh air, shutting the window for Patrick's side because the window pane moved backwards. She rested her head on her seat. Her right hand's fingers were rested over the window in such way that they were slightly peeking out and enjoying the cuddly breeze, they came a long way in music. Patrick was annoyed by this and started whispering Ethan bad about Allysa. Ethan just said him to shut up and slept on his seat, way too annoyed by Patrick's restless mouth. An evil idea popped up in Patrick's mind.

"AAAAHHHHH! MY FINGERS!" Allysa's voice pierced through every sleeping ear inside the bus. Her voice even stunned the driver. Seom reacted immediately, he pulled out his handkerchief and wrapped it carefully around the bleeding fingers of Allysa.

Seom: Sir! It's bleeding badly, we need bandages!

Nolan immediately rushed inside the small gate where the driver sat, because the first aid kit was inside that small space. While Nolan was finding the first aid kit, Seom exchanged his position with Allysa and started patting her back to cool her down mumbling words like 'It'll be fine' 'Calm down' 'It won't pain after a while'. Nolan ran towards Allysa and crouched beside her. He started cleaning the wound with Cotton swab and disinfectant. There was a straight deep cut in four fingers except thumb and scratches near all the joints. One can only imagine the pain of moving the fingers in such condition.

Nolan: Is it hurting? How are you feeling right now? Why are you upset?
Allysa: Sir, I'm not upset by the fact that my fingers are hurt, I'm upset by the fact that you might replace me now. I'm upset by the fact that I'm going to loose this second opportunity to perform in stage, like I did before.

Ethan was shocked by the whole atmosphere inside the bus. Poor him, he was just trying to take a nap! He saw Patrick smirking mischievously and understood what exactly happened. Patrick pushed back the window pane when Allysa's fingers were still resting on the window. And her fingers were now injured badly! Allysa's eyes were teary and her nose became slightly pink which indicated that she was hardly resisting the painful sobs inside her mouth.

Ethan: Patrick! Do you think this is a joke?? How dare you mess up with a musician's life? Don't you know how important it is for a pianist to keep her fingers safe?

Nolan, who was bandaging Allysa's fingers inside a moving bus, turned towards Patrick with a cold stare. A stare which didn't represent anger, because anger is fire and it burns down everything, but it was a stare which was icy cold. More worse than anger. Patrick was still smirking shamelessly until he noticed the serious face of Nolan. Hudson stood up from his seat and somehow squeezed his way towards Patrick and started shooting daggers towards him.

Hudson: Isn't he the troublemaker of the group? You know, you remind me of my colleague who made me drink this weird juice before my music audition due to which I lost my chance to become a licensed singer. Don't you guys really know your limits? Is jealousy that overpowering? Don't you have something like dignity? You know, even ego has high standards than jealousy...I'll just inform you beforehand, that you're going to be suspended from this school for like 3 months, if not then I'll make sure to make this possible. You have your final exams in 2 months, right? I'll make sure that you get a detention and stay back in 9th grade again for the next session. And I'm not sorry to say that after this performance you'll be removed from our school's orchestra team...You hurted a girl, you made her cry, you had intentions of messing up the most prestigious performance of one of the most prestigious schools. You know, the whole country is going to watch this and you tried to hurt one of the lead musicians in this group? Saying you a rascal is not enough. What are you so proud about? Allysa is far better than you but you'll never see an ounce of ego inside her. Nolan, we should just remove him from this performance, I'm sure Ethan can cover his part which isn't that tough to start with.
Nolan: No sir, we should just let him regret his decisions. Let Allysa play flawlessly with her injured fingers infront of him. I want him to feel the regret and guilt for the whole day. I want him to be ashamed of himself.
Seom: Sir, are you sure? This will cause more bleeding in her finger.
Nolan: What about that bleeding passion? Do you want Allysa to go home and cry for 4 hours? From my experience with her, she will just hurt herself more if she isn't given the chance. I don't want her to deepen the scar of regret which she already owns. I wanted her to get rid of the regret by performing for this prestigious function. I can't afford to loose this chance, I can't afford to see her hurtful eyes anymore for she's more than a student to me now.

Allysa was crying thinking that she will be replaced by some experienced player like Ryder who is an complete expert and can play the whole music sheet flawlessly in first few trials only. She became more than overjoyed knowing that this won't happen. It felt like someone finally managed to really understand her passion.

*
Yes she will be hurt and feel the unbearable pain for whole 30 minutes of concert if she playes with an injured hand, but this pain will be sweet one since she prefers feeling the dreadly pain rather than living like an alive doll who is dead inside.
*