Chapter 37: Slumdog celebrity

(The next day)
Seom was again earlier than everyone in the piano lab. He had games period so it was easier to slip through without getting caught. He was busy in his normal warm-up routine when Allysa came inside the lab. They were again the only ones inside the lab. Allysa just smiled awkwardly and wished a faint 'Good morning' and Seom replied back with his deep husky voice.

Seom: Hey Allysa! I was just wondering if you knew to sing while playing piano accompaniment or just play piano at a time. I was trying out to warm up my vocal chords along with my fingers but I realised it's really difficult to sing while playing.
Allysa: Ah, it's not tough at all. You just need to have a good sense of rhythms and timing.
Seom: Would you mind teaching me?

Allysa was flustered by this request, her heart skipped a beat. He became to first person to ask her for teaching something!

Allysa: Well, I'll just warn you that I drank mango juice before coming so my vocal chords are sticky and I can't hit high note or low note for now. I'll just teach with singing in mid tone. Is that fine with you?
Seom: Sure! No problem! Your natural deep voice is pretty anyways. I prefer you to first sing your own composition before teaching me. I heard a lot about you composing fantastic pieces.
Allysa: Well I wrote this song recently but I haven't composed the piano accompaniment yet so I may mess up. Focus only on the lyrics.

That's it, Allysa's fingers touched the piano keys and started wandering around like a fish underwater, creating a beautiful melody. She slightly coughed to clear out the mucus that may have been formed in her throat due to the thick mango drink of school. She closed her eyes and...

*Intro- Piano instrumentals*

Night is falling back
I don't want to scream
All the pain rusted in me
Crying back to place
Which I can't call home
Only to see, same old thing

Hold my hand, help me stand again
Hold my heart, help me love again

Go put the record on
Let me hear my own song
I'll be only dancing
With street and my soul
It won't take too long
Take me somewhere unknown
Somewhere far from lone streets
As lone as me
Somewhere far from lone streets
As lone as me

Sunlight coming back
With a tint of hope
But I remember it all
Clock is tickin' away
Watchin' me suffer
'Bout how I cannot move on again

Hold my hand, help me stand again
Hold my heart, help me love again

Go put the record on
Let me hear my own song
I'll be only dancing
With street and my soul
It won't take too long
Take me somewhere unknown
Somewhere far from lone streets
As lone as me
Somewhere far from lone streets
As lone as me

*Piano rise up*

Go put the record on
Let me hear my own song
I'll be only dancing
With street and my soul
It won't take too long
Take me somewhere unknown
Somewhere far from lone streets
As lone as me
Somewhere far from lone streets
As lone as me

*Outro piano instrumental*

Hold my hand, help me stand again
Hold my heart, help me love again

Allysa opened her eyes and released the air which she held inside while trying to do her best in reaching the lower tone. She saw Seom infront of her and the other piano and guitar students behind the glasses of the piano lab, secretly listening her. This somehow made her happy and embarrassed at the same time because no one was reacting, they all had seriousness tightening their face. Did she sang terribly wrong? Did she messed up with piano?

Seom: How is this possible? I mean how could you do this? This can't get any worse-
Allysa: I'm sorry about my bad performance, I need more practice, I-
Seom: I mean that this can't get any worse because you're still sitting here in some random school, performing this infront of a handful students when this performance deserves a grand stage and thousands of people as audience. I- I'm just too touched. Now I know why Nolan sir is always at your back.
Allysa: That was too kind of you, Seom. This isn't very much at all, I have a whole empty room for improvement.
Seom: If you still have room for improvement, then I can't imagine how heavenly you can craft music. You're already above professional level. Now that I heard your music, I feel like my music taste was quite cheap, you raised the standards of my ears!

Seom said every compliment he could think of, yes it did make Allysa uncomfortably shy because she isn't used to heavy compliments. Little did they know that Nolan was standing near the door of the lab but he failed to gain the attention of his two students, because they were too busy in themselves. And he was busy in digesting Allysa's performance, he knew she has a lot of potential but this was way more than he expected.

Nolan: Kids, I'm standing here!

Allysa's face became red as she turned around in an instant, this was terribly embarrassing for her. She never really played her own composition and she never sang infront of her teacher, she never planned to do so until she reached the level where she was satisfied with herself. Yes, it was a day when everyone started adoring her, except someone who was burning with jealousy inside which was noticed by others as well.
*
You never know if the person you see everyday is another slumdog millionaire for no one knew that the quite girl they see everyday was a slumdog celebrity.
*