The terrified Ella's eyes trembled pitifully.

"I, I told you everything. I told you everything, without exception."

"In Durias' words that would be so." (Cade)

But why...?

Ella had a look on her face that didn't know why this was happening. Durias shrugged his shoulders and explained instead.

"The head of the household said he would like to hear the story in person."

He kindly lifted Ella up and sat her down, focus was returning to her blank golden eyes.

"Miss Ella, I'll have you tell it again to the Lord."

Her lips trembled when Ella saw Cade's face filling her clear vision. Looking at her pale face filling with fear, Cade approached one step at a time.

"Tell me."

"...Wh-what..."

"Every single thing."

"......"

"What happened to Estella that day?"

Cade let out an "Ah." And added.

"I know you have a bad head, so don't try to lie."

"...Huk!"

"I had to trouble myself to come down here."

Ella's heart pounded.

If she talks nonsense...

This time, her neck would fly away.

Ella exhaled slowly and stepped back.

I need to talk again....

Her head was blank and her throat was clogged. Her mouth twitched and she couldn't say anything, so Cade tilted his head.

"Why can't you talk? Are you going to say things you shouldn't be able to say in front of me?"

"No, that's not it... I never told a lie."

She quickly denied it, saying she never lied.

Cade's eyes narrowed as he looked at her trembling golden eyes filled with anxiety. He noticed at once that she was hiding something from them, but pretended not to know.

"Is that so?"

"Yes. I was only telling the truth."

"I see. Then there's nothing else to say."

Ella's mouth was dry.

The reason Cade went directly to the basement was probably that he picked on a strange part of her story.

She must never make a mistake.

Her whole body stiffened, and cold sweat ran down her back.

Durias clicked his tongue and said.

"There is nothing to be nervous about. I think you should just do what I told you."

"Oh, I-I see."

Let's calm down. Just do what you did before. Durias agreed and moved on.

There were no expectations that she would be able to come out intact. Nevertheless, if she's lucky, she might be able to get out even if she's half disabled.

Realizing that this was her last chance, Ella took a deep breath in her.

"Half a year ago... I got a call from the clan. They would give me a chance to come back if I take orders."

Ella's voice trembled anxiously.

"I think it's going to be a long conversation," said Cade as he sat in a chair.

"What order was it?"

"...It was an order to bring the Astrophel Clan's heir eggs."

The Astrophel clan was too strong for outside intervention.

So they tried to contact Ella, who was near the family Hostess. They knew that she wanted to return to the clan and they took advantage of it.

"I... I said of course it was impossible. I couldn't."

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

"That's... If it becomes known that I've been in contact with them, I'm afraid I would be kicked out of here too..."

Outsiders have always been the subject of suspicion. Cade nodded his head, agreeing that it made sense.

"Go on."

"Obviously, I said I couldn't do that... But they kept coming and convincing me. So, without meaning it, I..."

Cade laughed. It was indeed a foolish excuse.

Ella held the hands of the family who abandoned her, leaving behind Estella's generosity that had taken her in.

In the end, it was the same as saying that Ella had actively committed treason.

Ella's face stiffened when Cade burst into laughter.

"I feel sorry for Estella, who gave her heart to someone like you."

⊱⋅