71 Anjali's Doubt

Start from the beginning

In no time, Arnav pulled the quilt off that was covering them and pushed himself into her swiftly. That was when Khushi understood that Arnav also turned ON. After that, there was nothing for Khushi to oppose... And there was nothing for Arnav to speak up about. His action spoke. He ignited her desire more by touching her sensitive parts deeper to give an answer to her feelings.

Arnav got satisfied by making her satisfied. They were lying on the bed, looking at the roof panting hard. They looked at each other with a smile. Arnav was about to turn towards her...

And... There came Aman's call as usual to break their sweet moment. Arnav rolled his eyes and attended the call.

"ASR..."

Arnav sat on the bed sensing nervousness in his voice.

"Is everything alright, Aman?" Arnav asked.

"No ASR... nothing is alright. The doctor committed suicide in the lockup" Aman said panicking.

"Whaaaat? Suicide? No way... He was in police custody. Then how could he kill himself?" Arnav asked wrathfully.

"I too don't know ASR. The AC is not attending my call. They must be in a hectic situation as the lockup death is not a simple issue, ASR"

"Let me talk to them"

Disconnecting the call, Arnav dialed the commissioner's number. He attended the call.

"Is it true, Sir?" Arnav asked.

"Yes, ASR... the doctor committed suicide"

"But, how Sir?"

"He had cut his neck, breaking the plate," the commissioner said.

"Plate?"

"Yes... dinner was provided to him last night. Throwing the food on the floor, he broke the plate by stepping on it and cut his neck with the sharp edge of the plate"

Arnav closed his eyes, biting his jaws. His fingers fisted into a ball in frustration.

"Sir, don't take me wrong. The policemen who secured him are trustworthy?"

"I can understand what you are trying to say... I will do a back check for them. This issue is getting intensive. The person behind the evil medicine must be powerful it seems. This is a challenge to our department too... we won't leave this issue easily. Trust me"

"Thank you, Sir... I would like to talk to you in person about this issue... I have a doubt about someone. I didn't tell you that before. Because I waited for the doctor's statement"

"No problem ASR. You can meet me anytime regarding the case"

"Thank you, sir. Shall I come to your office today?"

"No, ASR. I don't want to meet you in the office. come to my residence"

Arnav sensed that the commissioner wanted to be cautious in this matter.

"Ok, sir"

Arnav disconnected the call and looked at Khushi.

"The doctor is dead," he said.

"Whom you are suspecting, Arnavji?"

"I will tell you soon, Khushi"

Khushi nodded ok.

"You know very well that the WALLS of our house also have EARS. We should be careful... I hope you understand"

Khushi nodded yes.

"Go and take bath... I have to go to meet the commissioner"

"You can take bath first if you are in hurry"

"That's ok, you go"

Khushi nodded ok and went to the washroom. Taking very little time than usual, she took bath and came out. Arnav rushed to the bathroom after she came out.

Khushi didn't come downstairs. She knew Anjali and Lavanya would tease her, taking her first night. she was not in the mood to enjoy their tease. So, she waited until Arnav came. She didn't know Aman already told Lavanya about the doctor's death.

They came downstairs together. At the same time, Lavanya purposely turned on the TV and changed the NEWS channel. So that everyone would know about the doctor's death. Of course, the HOT news of the city was the doctor's lockup death. That grabbed others' attention.

Anjali who was having tea with Shyam and Nani shocked to the core. She extended the cup to Shyam and stopped in the middle without giving it to him, seeing the news. She could not hold herself from remembering the phone call that told THE DOCTOR WILL NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH. Her gaze automatically shifted to Shyam whose face looked without shock. There was no change in his face that shrank her eyes. Undoubtedly, Arnav and Khushi also noticed him.

An unknown nervousness occupied Anjali's heart. She was sure that she heard clearly what the person told. He said THE DOCTOR WILL NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH. After hearing her voice, he disconnected the call, telling WRONG NUMBER. How could a man utter such a statement to the wrong caller? Even though it happened coincidently how the doctor died exactly on the same day? What was happening here? Her heart shivered to connect the dots. But, what could she do, the dots connected automatically without effort. She felt dizzy and her body sweated in fear. What she doubts should not be true... she wished.

"Chotte, see this" Nani said, pointing at the TV.

"I already had a talk with the commissioner, Nani. I'm going to meet him"

Arnav looked at Anjali who looked disturbed like hell.

"Don't worry Di. I will find a way to get the criminal. This doctor is just a BOW... the ARCHER who is behind the bow will be caught soon" Arnav said.

She nodded yes. Arnav walked.

"Have something and then go, Chotte..." Nani said.

"No, Nani... I have to meet the commissioner before he leaves the house. I will grab something on the way if I want"

Nani nodded ok. Arnav took a step,

"Chotte..." Anjali stopped him.

"Haan, Di?"

"Be careful... this seems very dangerous. The man who was in police custody died... it's not a simple thing. It seems they dare to do anything. you should be careful like ever before" Anjali said, noticing Shyam who nodded with fake concern.

Arnav nodded yes and left.

Khushi sat with them. She noticed restlessness on Anjali's face. She thought it was because of the doctor's death news. But, Anjali didn't talk anything after that. That confused Khushi.

"Rani Sahiba, I have to go to court. An important hearing is there to handle" Shyam said.

Anjali nodded ok. She waited until Shyam left RM.

"Nani... I feel tired. I'm going to my room" she said.

Nani nodded ok. Anjali came to her room and locked the door from the inside. She opened the cupboard and removed Shyam's diary. She checked it without showing a hurry. There was nothing to be suspected. She sighed in relief. Keeping it back, she checked his things one by one. His bank book caught her attention. Grabbing it, she gave it a look. His account balance was only a few lakhs. She gulped down sighing. She closed her face with her palms. She could hear her own heartbeat. Don't know why her mind could not be at peace. Her thoughts got filled with the phone call she attended on Shyam's phone. She thought about it, making her mind calm. Finally, she decided to check Shyam's phone.

To be continued...