58 What if?

Part 58 What if...?

Khushi could not understand what was there in Arnav's mind. He was doing everything upside down to what he said. Didn't know why did he speak about sending her out of RM. What Sara aunty told about him was true. He was a man of tactics. That was why even lawyers ran behind him it seemed. Where would he take her tomorrow? She thought but she didn't get anything. Didn't know how long she would be living in this uncertain life...! She sighed.

Dinner table

The table was unusually silent. Arnav was the one who broke the silence.

"Di, I think we should start searching for a groom for Lavanya..." He said.

Lavanya got a hiccup. Arnav forwarded a glass of water to her. Talking it from him, she gulped it in a go.

"Groom? No way..." She said hurriedly.

"Why?"

"I just completed my graduation, Bhai. What so urgent?"

"Urgent? Look at your friend Khushi... She is married. You are the same age as her..."

"Bhai, her story is different..."

"What do you mean different? Would not she have liked to enjoy her life? Is she a saint or what?"

All of them got stuck. Arnav looked at Khushi.

"Didn't you have any dream about your future, Khushi?"

Khushi was certainly dumbfounded.

"You study well... Want to work... Then what made you marry so earlier? Didn't you like to enjoy your life as Lavanya does?"

Khushi didn't know what to say. She ran her eyes on Raizadas.

"Ok... leave it... sometimes, we could not understand some things that why it happened to us" Arnav said.

"Why are you saying so Chotte? Did you experience something like that?" Nani asked curiously.

"Yes, Nani... you are my people... telling about it won't harm I suppose"

All of them spared a glance.

"I don't know if you guys will believe it or not ( he chuckled softly) I had a crush on a girl," Arnav said and Khushi looked at him shockingly.

All the eyes were rooted on her and she bowed down. Arnav had a crush on a girl? That means, he accepted this wedding only because of the circumstance? Khushi thought.

"I met her before I met with an accident. I like her at the first sight. She was not like other girls... she looked so fragile yet so strong..."

Khushi closed her eyes distraught. Raizadas were watching her including Arnav.

"Do you know how and where I met her? I was on the way to AR that day. A fruit seller missed his balance and fell down on the road. The apples from his basket straggled all over the road" Arnav narrated, noticing Khushi whose expression was changing a little by little.

"No one was helping him... I thought to get out of the car to help the man. But before I did that, a girl came to the center of the road and stopped the vehicles showing her hand bravely"

Khushi looked at him unbelievably.

"She looked like a ROSE for outlook but she must be gutful from inside. Or else, how could she do something that no one thought to do?"

"Then?" Shyam asked.

"The fruit seller started collecting the fruits and she helped him. After that, she crossed the road and got vanished quickly"