37 The Voice

Part 37 The Voice...

Arnav's mind clouded with a lot of doubts, after hearing Lavanya and Khushi's talks. There were a lot of conflicts in his family members' statements. He wanted to know the real reason for Khushi's stay in his room as he didn't find them true. He was lost in them. Suddenly, he sensed a strong gaze on him. He looked in the direction and saw Khushi turning her face opposite to him. He walked looking at her. in that he didn't notice the tea table's edge that was peeping a little out. He banged on it with his toe.

"Ouch..."

"Arnavji..." Khushi rushed to him and rubbed his toe, kneeling in front of him.

"Are you hurt?"

Arnav was looking at her without answering. Khushi looked up and got stuck. She stood up with hesitation. she was embarrassed. Arnav didn't know what he felt in his heart. Why did Khushi react this way when his own sister was standing doing nothing? And something hit his mind.

"What did you call me?" he asked shrinking his eyes.

Khushi looked at him and said,

"Arnaaaavjiii..." in a low tone.

Arnav gulped down hard. ARNAVJI? an unknown nervousness occupied his mind. He felt something in his heart. He went to his room immediately and didn't want to go weaker. He sat on the recliner and closed his eyes. Was the voice that echoed in his mind Khushi's? He was not sure because her voice was not as loud as the voice that ringing in his head. She didn't call him loudly. What the... He wanted to find it out. But how? Will she tell him if he questioned her? Why did it feel like everyone was hiding something from him? why did his own family was looking strange to him? at the same time, why did his heart feel connected with Khushi? But what connection? Did he feel like that just because he met her once? No way... he was not satisfied with his answer. He decided what to do. He walked out. He saw still Khushi was in the living room. He made sure she noticed him. He stood in the middle of the staircase, pressing his head. Of course, as he expected, Khushi was horrified. Arnav acted like losing his balance and was about to fall down.

"Arnavjiiiiiii..." Khushi rushed to him forgetting everything.

Arnav was hundred percent sure that the voice that echoed in his mind was Khushi's. But why her voice was echoing in his head? Was she there when somebody hit him? But how did she know his name at that time? He didn't get anything.

Composing himself, Arnav got down the stairs swaying as if he could not stand straight. Khushi gripped his shoulder and made him lean on her.

"Arnavji, what happened to you? Are you alright? Hey Devi Maiya..." She made him sit on the couch and rushed to the water jug. There was no water in the jug. She rushed to the kitchen. Arnav sensed something under his thigh. He removed it and it was a MOBILE. He was about to keep it down, the mobile got unlocked with his FINGERPRINT. He frowned with confusion. Whose mobile was that? He locked the mobile and was about to unlock it again, he heard Khushi's footsteps. He leaned on the couch, closed his eyes, and kept the mobile down.

Khushi sprinkled water on his face. Arnav opened his eyes slowly. She made him drink water and Arnav didn't deny it. He drank all the way looking at Khushi.

"Are you alright?" she asked worriedly.

Arnav nodded yes. He saw relief in her face. He stood up from the couch.

"Arnavji, please sit for a while..."

"That's ok..." he walked upstairs slowly.

He sensed Khushi following him.