15 Snake in the Grass

Part 15 Snake in the Grass (Long update)

Khushi's shock was not estimated. She could not believe that the man who talked with her sweetly was a snake in the grass.

*Does this world revolve around money? Firstly, her mother and brother... now Shyam. Of course, Shyam should have done this only for Arnav's money. But what about Anjali? Is her hand also in this plan? * Khushi became horrified by her thought. She concentrated on their talks.

"By the way, why did you get Arnav married all of a sudden?" another man asked Shyam.

"It's all because of Anjali. She so wanted her brother to get cured. I could do nothing against her this time" Shyam said wearily.

"So, what will you do if they want to change the treatment method?"

"I won't let it happen. If they tried to change the treatment, then we will start injecting the medicines to Arnav without anyone's knowledge" Shyam said.

Khushi gulped down in fear.

"Then I will bring the powerful injections from States. We can keep him mad with the use of that injection if your wife and Arnav's wife are adamant to change the treatment"

"You don't worry. Khushi will not get suspicious of me because I'm an expert to make people trust me. Raizada women are just like puppies who roam around my feet. I will keep them under my feet always" Shyam said with pride.

"Be careful. Don't be overconfident"

"I know... until Arnav is under our control, they can do nothing"

"Ok, let's go... I want to talk to Arnav's wife to know her mindset"

"She went to the temple. Will be here anytime"

"then let's go in. she should not even get a little doubt on us"

"Yes..."

Khushi hid well behind the wall. They went inside.

Khushi stood for a while thinking about them. She was in a very crucial and dangerous phase of her life. Not only she but also Arnav. What a big reputation he had...! how big his popularity was...! These rascals were restricting Arnav from recovery. What was she going to do now? Raizada women were trusting Shyam. Or, maybe he was making them trust him with his world-class acting. Didn't she witness how beautifully he talked to her that day morning? Raizada women were innocent and helpless. They didn't find the difference between REAL and REEL. Maybe, they would not have faced such scoundrels in their life before. Taking a deep breath, Khushi went in.

It seems, she decided what to do.

Khushi saw everyone waiting for her in the living room. She went to them.

"Khushi, he is Arnav's doctor Buvan Mishra" Shyam introduced the doctor.

Khushi saw him without any expression on her face.

"Namaste," she said with the same expression.

"You can ask him anything about Chotte" Anjali insisted.

"Yeah, you can ask me anything," Buvan said.

"What's there to ask???" she stopped and looked at Shyam.

"When Arnavji is under a gold-hearted man like Jeejaji's protection?" Khushi said with a smile.

Shyam looked at Buvan with pride who appreciated Shyam through his eyes.

"Khushiji, Chotte is your husband. You have all the rights, in fact, only you have the rights on him"

"I didn't deny Anjaliji. But, Jeejaji is here to take care of not only Arnavji but also us. Don't you trust him?"