43 Contradiction

Part 43 Contradiction

Khushi came to her room and attended the call after locking the door. Arnav who followed her saw that and frowned. To whom she was going to talk that she locked the door?

"Namaste, Swamiji..." Khushi said.

"Sorry, Beta, I was unable to attend your call yesterday. It was a critical case that needed my full attention. That's why I could not call you back yesterday. Are you ready to come here with your husband?" Swamiji asked.

"We are not coming to Tamilnadu, Swamiji," Khushi said sadly.

"Whaaat? But why? Any problem?"

"Arnavji got his memory back, Swamiji"

There was silence on the other side.

"Swamiji..."

"That means, he would have forgotten you..." he asked disappointedly.

"Yes, Swamiji. He has forgotten me completely" Khushi choked.

"How did he get his memory back? Did he get hit on his head again?" Swamiji guessed it right.

"Yes, Swamiji... Arnavji slipped from the staircase"

"Oh, God... how did it happen? He was recovering... then how did he slip? Was he careless?"

"I don't know, Swamiji. I saw only when he slipped from the stairs. He fell down and got hit on his head."

"When you saw him slipping, didn't you try to save him from slipping?"

"Before I reached him, he fell down in front of my eyes. And, within a few seconds, he went unconscious"

Swamiji became thoughtful.

"Did he lose his consciousness only after a few seconds, after he fell down?"

"Jee..."

"What was your reaction when you see him falling down?"

"What could I do other than crying, Swamiji? I shouted his name, could do nothing"

"Then...your voice might have registered in his mind..."

"Whaaaat? I didn't get you, Swamiji"

"He got his memory back after getting hit on his head, right?"

"Yes, Swamiji"

"He lost his consciousness only after a few seconds."

"Jee"

"He would have got his memory back immediately when he got hit. You shouted his name after he fell down. So, he would have heard your voice before losing consciousness. There is a chance for him to recognize your voice"

Khushi got stuck. Didn't Arnav say, he felt like he heard her voice before?

"Yes, Swamiji... he said my voice sounds like he heard it before..."

"Really? That's good..."

"But what's the use of him recognizing my voice? He had forgotten me..."

"Don't say like that, Beta... who knows what kind of feeling it gave him?"

Khushi was silent. She didn't know what kind of FEELING her voice gave to Arnav.

"How is he now?" Swamiji asked.

"He is normal... he talks nicely with everyone"

"What about you? Does he talk nicely with you too?"

"Jee..."