20 The Task

Part 20 The Task

"I am sorry," Arnav said caressing the CUT mark even though he didn't know why it should be said. He just repeated what Khushi said.

Khushi chuckled with admiration. She was happier than ever before. She didn't expect this much of a fast change in Arnav. Of course, she started the medication with a little hope, trusting Meena's words. But she thought the recovery will be as slow as tortoise. If Arnav recovers at this speed, he can be cured within two months, she supposed. After that, she didn't leave Arnav. She noticed one thing, Arnav was keenly watching her action and words.

Arnav was lying on Khushi's lap, fiddling with her saree pallu. Khushi was playing with him. She pinched his nose. Arnav also pinched her nose. She pulled his ear slightly. But, Arnav pulled her ear harshly as his hands were not in his control.

"Ahhh..." Khushi shouted.

Arnav sat on the bed jerking. She pouted at him. Arnav bowed down pressing his lips and looked at her from the corner of his eyes. Khushi laughed at his cute gesture. Taking her hand, Arnav made her pull his ear. Khushi pulled it.

"Ahhhh..." Arnav shouted.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Khushi said nervously even though she knew she didn't pull his ear strongly. She understood why he shouted as he said,

"I'm sorry"

He should have forgotten what to say to apologize. That's why he intentionally made her pull his ear to know that.

"Wow... you are so smart" she pinched his cheeks.

Khushi knew it was lunchtime. HP will not come with Arnav's lunch until she was in Arnav's room.

"Arnavji, wait here. Khushi will bring you lunch" she stood up from the bed.

Arnav nodded no hurriedly.

"I will come soon... promise" she was about to pinch her neck, but she stopped because Arnav will also do that and will pinch his neck harshly, it will give him pain. So, she touched her head.

She made him sit.

"Like a good boy, sit here... ok?"

Arnav pressed his lips with anger. Khushi smiled and went out. Arnav was about to get up, Khushi raised her index finger and gestured for him to sit. She went to the kitchen.

Seeing her coming, HP made a plate hurriedly and was supposed to go,

"Give it to me, Hari Prakashji. I will take it to his room"

HP gave it to her gulping hard. Taking the plate from him, she rushed to his room again, making HP wonder.

When she came to Arnav's room, he was sitting with an angry pout. Khushi came to him and looked at him tilting her face. Keeping the plate aside, she kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorry..."

She extended a morsel towards his mouth that made Arnav cool down as that was a new gesture to him. Khushi fed him lunch and Arnav had it happily. Of course, he tried to feed her in return. In that, he splodged her face with food. Khushi didn't mind about it but chuckled. She stayed the whole day with Arnav.

......

Aman was sitting helplessly looking at crying Lavanya.

"You know how Khushi returned back from Bhai's room?" she asked spilling tears.

Aman was silent.

"She is living in hell, Aman. I just can't stand this. I'm dying of guilty"

"You don't have to cry Lavanya because Khushi herself wants to change ASR"