64 Tough to Understand

Part 64 Tough to understand

Khushi sat on the couch silently. Anjali came to her and clutched her hand.

"I'm sorry, Khushi... because of me, you are facing a tough time in your life," she said with regret.

"What's new in that Di? My bad time started, from the time, I stepped into RM" she said painfully.

"You don't have to bother, Khushi. Chotte will definitely accept you" she tried to give her hope.

"No Di... I think Arnavji is in love with someone... that's why he was hinting at the point again and again."

Anjali squeezed her hand.

"I don't want to be an awkward piece of his life, Di. I will walk away if Arnavji doesn't like me"

"No, Khushi... please don't say that" Anjali pleaded.

"What else do you want me to do, Di?"

"Please Khushi, give me some time... please..."

Khushi sighed.

Anjali didn't notice that Shyam skimmed from there but Khushi. Obviously, he went to make a call to alert the doctor. But, his bad time, the doctor's mobile was out of coverage area. Shyam got irritated. He again tried but the condition was the same. So, he called someone. This time, the call got attended.

"Arnav got to know everything... (pause) No, he doesn't know I'm involved in it (Pause) he went to file a case against the doctor. I tried to call him but his phone was not in range (Pause) do something. or else, he will rot in hell because Arnav is angry like hell (pause) no... he didn't accept her as his wife (pause) but Anjali will make him accept her for sure (pause) I don't think I can do anything in this because Arnav is looking like a beast. He is lashed over everyone mercilessly. I think he is suspecting me too (Pause) yes. he is flowing like a forest river. He will swallow anyone coming into his way" Shyam disconnected the call and came to the living room again.

He saw everyone sitting in the living room sadly.

The commissioner office

Arnav came to the commissioner's office. Aman was waiting for him there. He saw Arnav entering the office like a cyclone.

"ASR, are you sure about filing the case against the doctor?" Aman asked.

"Why doubt?"

"No... I just..."

Arnav walked in followed by Aman.

"Did Raizadas get to know that you got to know about the wedding?"

"Yes... how long could I be quiet? I just can't even talk to my wife freely... then, what's the use of becoming a family man?" He asked casually making Aman wonder. He could not believe that he was the same man who sneered on the call a few minutes ago.

"Thank God, you patched up with Khushi..." Aman said.

"I have not accepted her as my wife yet," Arnav said that confused Aman. Didn't he say he wanted to talk to her freely? How could he do that if he hadn't accepted her as his wife? Aman sighed as he could not understand anything.

Arnav smiled inwardly, seeing Aman's confused face.

The commissioner welcomed the great ASR.

"Hello, ASR... nice to meet you after a long span" he extended his hand for a shake.

"Nice to meet you too sir," Arnav said clutching his hand.

"Take your seat, ASR"

Arnav and Aman sat in front of him.